Janet Elaine Paul
She was married to Blackwood Paul and they had a publishing business together specialising in New Zealand poetry. After her husband's death, she was courted by Denis Glover, one of the poets they published.
Janet and Blackwood Paul had four daughters, one of whom, Joanna Margaret Paul, became a well-known New Zealand artist, poet, publisher and film-maker.
- "Farewell to some notable people". nzherald.co.nz. 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
Polymath is a word that applies to Dame Janet Paul, 84, who died after a rich, full life as publisher, painter and art historian.
- "DPMC - New Zealand Honours 1997". dpmc.govt.nz. 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Paul, Janet - Collections Online - Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa". collections.tepapa.govt.nz. 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Denis Glover, 1912–1980 | NZETC". nzetc.org. 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
Having regained some of his former strength, he proceeded to lay siege to the affections of Janet Paul, the widow and business partner of his old friend Blackwood Paul (1908-65). Booksellers and publishers Blackwood and Janet Paul Ltd. had, by the mid 1960s, overtaken Caxton as New Zealand’s leading publishers of poetry, and in 1968 Janet had published Glover’s Sharp Edge Up: Verses and Satires.
- "The Queen's Birthday Honours 1997" (10 June 1997) 59 New Zealand Gazette 1357.