Janine Gray (birthname Janine Catherine Glass; born 14 January 1940 in Bombay, British India) is a former film and TV actress of British descent.
Early life and education
Gray was born in Bombay where her father was stationed as an oil engineer, but returned to Britain with her family when she was five years old. She attended drama school for two years and started her acting career under the name Janine Glass. Apart from her time at drama school, she was educated at a convent school in Weybridge.
Gray's later film credits include Panic (1963); The Pumpkin Eater (1964); Quick, Before It Melts (1964); The Americanization of Emily (1964) and The Third Day (1965). She received publicity for appearing nude in The Americanization of Emily, in a role credited as "Nameless Broad Number One".
Gray appeared in numerous television shows of the 1960s, including The Man from U.N.C.L.E. as the femme fatale Angelique. As a teenager, she appeared in the German television programme The Vikings. She also appeared in episodes of Danger Man, The Saint, The Avengers, The Rat Patrol, Get Smart, Bewitched (as Abigail Beecham, Samantha's father's glamorous private secretary), Twelve O'Clock High, The Loner, Wild Wild West, and Hogan's Heroes. She was one of the presenters on Six-Five Special and on Double Your Money.
- "Janine Gray - The Private Life and Times of Janine Gray. Janine Gray Pictures". Glamourgirlsofthesilverscreen.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "FULLY CLOTHED THE NEXT TIME". Marylebone Mercury. 20 March 1964. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- "Star of the Week 167: The acting bug bit Janine hard". Thanet Times. 28 April 1964. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- Hall, Bill; Clayton, Allan (12 November 1958). "Secrets at 16". Worthing Gazette. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- Berry, Tony (17 February 1960). "New Hostess". Worthing Gazette. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- John Douglas Eames (1975). The MGM Story: The Complete History of Fifty Roaring Years. Octopus Books. p. 322. ISBN 978-0-904230-14-7. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- "Janine Gray". IMDb. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Pettigrew, James (1 January 1967). "Fame at last for Janine?". Sunday Mirror. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- Bell, Jack (23 August 1962). "GIRL IN THE SWIM!". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- Ferreira, João Pedro; Cabral, Laura; Brazão, André; Nascimento, Pedro; Sequeira, Miguel Menezes de (2020). "Two new alien fern taxa for Madeira Island (Portugal)". Scientia Insularum. Revista de Ciencias Naturales en islas (3): 145–153. doi:10.25145/j.si.2020.03.09. ISSN 2659-6644.
- Miss Gray's So Blue, article by Rex North, Sunday Mirror, 10 April 1960
- SOS to a private eye: Find my cash, says TV girl, article by Bill Hamilton, Sunday Mirror, 4 March 1962