||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Website||Janis Spindel's Website|
She started her business, Janis Spindel Serious Matchmaking, Inc. in 1993. According to her website, she created this business after she had matched fourteen different couples together and they all ended up getting married within one year. Her company is headquartered in New York City on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and in the summer months, she opens up her office out in the Hamptons in addition to her headquarters in New York. Although she is located in New York, she travels all over the country and even Canada for her clients. Her website was launched in 2005. She originally worked with both men and women as her clients, but has now narrowed down her clientele to only men and she specializes in upscale professionals who range in ages of 27 to 78.
Her first book, Get Serious About Getting Married: 365 Proven Ways to Find Love in Less Than a Year was published by Harper Collins/Regan Books in January 2006. The book hit the New York Times Best Seller list upon its release.
Her second book, “How to Date Men: Dating Secrets from Americas Top Matchmaker” was released in August 2007. It was published by Plume/U.S. Penguin Group, and also hit the New York Times Best Seller list. An article in New York Times addressed the issues that the book touches upon. “Ms. Spindel’s guide addresses typical benchmarks like the first and second date, a relationship’s failure to thrive and adjustment issues…” 
- "Professionals pay matchmakers to be 'headhunters for the heart'". USATODAY.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-03. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Thernstrom, Melanie (13 February 2005). "The New Arranged Marriage". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Janis Spindel, Serious Matchmaking, Inc. Interview - Online Personals Watch: News on the Dating Industry and Business". Online Personals Watch. 2008-09-06. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Online Dating Site Launched Run by a Real Live Matchmaker". Prweb.com. 2005-11-25. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- News, A. B. C. (14 February 2007). "My Date With Janis Spindel, Matchmaker". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- Kuczynski, Alex (14 February 1999). "PERSONAL BUSINESS; Running Cupid's Wall Street Office". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- Schillinger, Liesl (14 October 2007). "It Adds Up to Love (Check Your Math)". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-04-18.