This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jarod Green (born 23 May 1981) is an Australian film director, screenwriter and animator most notable for his work on the short film Beached Whale and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation television series Beached Az. Together with actor Nicholas Boshier, Green is also the creator of the online fictional character Trent from Punchy.
Early life and education
Green was born in Sydney and attended high school at Barker College, an independent school in Hornsby, a North Shore suburb of Sydney. He is a graduate of Sydney's Macquarie University (Bachelor of Media) in 2002, the Australian Film Television and Radio School (Master of Arts in Directing) in 2004, and of Brown University, where he was awarded a doctorate (Modern Culture and Media) in 2007.
Whilst studying, Green worked on several films both domestically and abroad, including Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2004), the New South Wales Film and Television Office Young Filmmaker's Fund short film In The Middle (2005), Elizabeth - The Golden Age (2007) and Avatar (2009).
In April 2008, he directed and animated the short film Beached Whale (performed by his high school friends Anthony MacFarlane and Nick Boshier), which became a popular social media video in Australia and New Zealand.
In 2009, he founded the creative think-tank company The Handsomity Institute Pty Ltd which created and produced the television series Beached Az, airing in September of that year on ABC.
Throughout 2009 and 2010 Green gave several presentations on social media trends and influences, including MIPCOM 2010, SPAA Screen Producers Association of Australia, Screen NSW (previously New South Wales Film and Television Office), the Sydney Film Festival, the Sydney Film School and the national radio program Hack on Triple J. He has also written editorial pieces for ABC's community news arm, ABC Unleashed.
2010 also saw his international television debut, performing alongside Rhys Darby in New Zealand for the TV3 television show RadiRadiRah. It was also the year the second series of Beached Az premiered in Australia and New Zealand on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and TV3 respectively.
In mid-2010, he moved away from TV content production to launch the Sydney-based social media strategy and content company Radical Love.
- Beached Az announced on Australian news site
- Trent form Punchy is Nick Boshier
- Meale, Amanda (2009). Everyone Wants In on This Joke Between Friends. The Australian - Media Diary.
- http://www.mipworld.com/RM/RM_MipWorld2010/layout_v2/mipcom/pdf/mipcom-full-programme.pdf MIPCOM Programme 2010
- http://fringe.spaa.org.au/associations/10453/files/SPAA_Fringe_2009_screen.pdf SPAA Programme 2009
- http://sff.org.au/cms/downloads/SFF%20IndustryDay.pdf Sydney Film Festival Conference Day Program 2010
- http://www.sydneyfilmschool.com.au/films/12th-sfs-film-festival/panel-discussion.aspx 12th Sydney Film School Festival 2010
- http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2755463.htm (27 November 2009). Three Point Plan To Kiwi Immigration Control. ABC Unleashed
- http://cleo.com.au/bachelor2010-profile-jarod-green.htm "Jarod Green - Cleo Bachelor Of The Year 2010"