|Full name||Jason Clive Beardsley|
|Date of birth||12 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Uttoxeter, England|
|2008||→ Notts County (loan)||11||(0)|
|2010||FC Tampa Bay||0||(0)|
|2010||→ Eastwood Town (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Beardsley was born in Uttoxeter, and started playing football for Uttoxeter Juniors where his father, Clive, was manager. He was approached by many clubs and chose to play for the club he supported as a boy, Derby County, and was signed up at just seven years old. Jason attended Windsor Park middle school before going onto Thomas Alleyne's High School in Uttoxeter.
Beardsley made his first team debut in a League Cup second round match against Blackpool. He was booked, and was replaced in the 61st minute with Andy Todd taking his place. The match finished 2–2 after extra time, with Blackpool winning 7–6 on a penalty shootout. He began 2008–09 pre-season training with League Two team Port Vale with the hope of securing a loan move for the early part of the season to gain first team experience, but eventually joined Notts County instead on 5 July 2008 on an initial three-month deal, subsequently extended until the end of 2008. He returned to Derby County on New Years Day 2009, after appearing in 11 league games for The Magpies, and made his second appearance for Derby two days later in an FA Cup tie against Forest Green Rovers.
In April 2009, he agreed a new two-year deal with Derby, having impressed new manager Nigel Clough, but was unhappy at the club due to not being part of the first team picture and left the club by mutual consent on 29 September 2009. He went on trial with Nottingham Forest, with the opportunity to link up with former Derby County manager Billy Davies, but eventually was not signed by the club.
Post Tampa Bay
When Paul Dickov was appointed Oldham Athletic manager he offered Beardsley a trial at Boundary Park but, after training with the squad and playing a friendly for the club, he was told that he would not be signed by the Latics.
On 31 July 2010, Beardsley signed for Macclesfield Town on a one-year contract after a successful trial period. On 26 October it was announced that he had joined Eastwood Town on loan for a month.
In August 2011 he joined Mickleover Sports, debuting as a 66th-minute substitute in their 3-1 Northern Premier League Premier Division victory over Nantwich Town on 13 August 2011. He departed the club to trial unsuccessfully for a full-time deal with a club in the Netherlands before joining Stafford Rangers on a non-contract basis. Having been an unused substitute in the club's 2-2 draw at Worksop Town on 29 October 2011, he was handed his debut in the club's 2-0 Staffordshire Senior Cup defeat at Leek Town three days later but that proved to be his final appearance for the club as he was released after just two weeks at Marston Road. On 9 December 2011, Beardsley joined Conference National side Lincoln City on a non-contract basis; he had previously trialled with the club in their 2-0 friendly victory at Barton Town Old Boys on 19 July 2011. He made a single appearance for the club, as a 60th-minute substitute for Josh Gowling in the 2-1 Football Conference home defeat to Grimsby Town on 26 December 2011, before his registration was cancelled by the club on 6 January 2012.
In August 2012, he joined hometown team Uttoxeter Town for their Staffordshire County Senior League Division One campaign. He debuted for the club in their 2-1 home league victory over Hilton Harriers on 22 August 2012 and went on to make 21 appearances for the club, scoring two goals.
In March 2013 he rejoined Eastwood Town, but was quickly on the move again linking up with Worcester City the following week. He debuted for the club, as a substitute, in their 1-0 Football Conference North defeat at Corby Town on 30 March 2013 and made a further substitute appearance for them before leaving at the end of the season.
- "Derby 2-2 Blackpool". BBC Sport. 28 August 2007. Retrieved 29 August 2007.
- "Notts close in on Derby defender". BBC Sport. 5 July 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Beardsley and Hanson back from Notts". Derby County F.C. 1 January 2009. Archived from the original on 5 March 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Games played by Jason Beardsley in 2008/2009". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Loan star Stoor set for Rams debut at Cardiff". Derby Telegraph. 29 September 2009. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "FC Tampa Bay Rowdies To Play At George M. Steinbrenner Field". oursportscentral.com. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2010.
- "Coach Paul Dalglish enjoys putting imprint on Tampa Bay Rowdies". St. Petersburg Times. tampabay.com. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "LATICS TRIALLIST UPDATE". Oldham Athletic official website. 13 July 2010. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Silkmen Sign Beardsley". Macclesfield Town. 5 March 2008. Archived from the original on 26 February 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Eastwood sign Macclesfield's Jason Beardsley on loan". BBC Sport. 26 October 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "More new faces on show this morning". Aberdeen F.C. 27 June 2011. Archived from the original on 1 July 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "Beardsley in as Sports look positively at new season". Derby Telegraph. 12 August 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "New-look Mickleover open in style despite a late rally for Nantwich". Derby Telegraph. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Stafford Rangers trial Jason Beardsley". Express & Star. 26 October 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Jason Beardsley set for Rangers debut". Express & Star. 1 November 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Jason Beardsley set for Rangers axe". Express & Star. 2 November 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Jason Beardsley released by Rangers". Express & Star. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Lincoln sign defender Beardsley and loan Barraclough". BBC Sport. 9 December 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Smith and Watts score as Lincoln City ease to victory". Lincolnshire Echo. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Lincoln City 1 Grimsby Town 2". BBC Sport. 26 December 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Lincoln City complete signing of winger Conal Platt". BBC Sport. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Beardsley signs up to Uttoxeter Town masterplan". Uttoxeter News. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "Town kick-off new era with hard-earned win". Uttoxeter News. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Jason Beardsley's Uttoxeter Town statistics". Pitchero.com. Archived from the original on 16 August 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Eastwood Town return for former Magpie Jason Beardsley". Nottingham Post. 22 March 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Worcester City striker Glover joins Halifax". Worcester News. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Corby Town 1 Worcester City 0". Worcester News. 31 March 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Jason Beardsley at Soccerbase