Jason Donati is an animator, educator, and author noted for his animated independent film work, professional career as a 3D visualization artist, and academic authorship including the 2007 book “Exploring Digital cinematography” published by Cengage Learning.
Donati worked at Animation Technologies, Inc., KAON Interactive, The New England Institute of Art, and Mount Ida College as the Director of 3D Animation, Creative Director, Academic Director, and Dean of The School of Design. In 2013, he was named Dean of The School of Design and has since introduced five new academic programs including Digital Visualization, Animation, Commercial Photography, Interactive Media, and Fashion Industry Marketing & Management.
Selected Screenings, Honors & Awards
- SIGGRAPH 1999 (Los Angeles, USA)
- SIGGRAPH 2000 (New Orleans, USA)
- ASIFA East 1999 (NYC, USA) 
- ASIFA East 2000 (NYC, USA)
- NextFrame International Student Film and Video Festival 1999 (Philadelphia, USA)
- Anima Mundi 1999 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Seoul Film Festival 1999 (Seoul, Korea)
- Digital cinematography Scholarship 1999 (Rhythm & Hues Studios)
Panels, Publications & Articles
- "Educating Tomorrow’s Gaming Leaders" (2010), Panelist, PoweredUp Boston Conference,
- "Distribution U" (2008), Millimeter Magazine, Craig Erpelding 
- "Exploring Digital Cinematography" (2007), Cengage Learning, Jason Donati
- "Canvasing the Big Animated Screen" (2006), Animation Magazine, Ellen Wolff 
- "Digital Storytelling and SIGGRAPH 99" (1999), Videography Magazine, Brian Blau
Independent Film work
- “Head Quarters” (1999), Computer Animation – Creator 
- “Evil i” (2000), Computer Animation – Creator 
- “Commit to the Line” (2008), Live Action – Animator, Visual Effects 
- University of Massachusetts Amherst (Bachelor of Fine Arts Computer Animation)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Master of Fine Arts Animation)
- Cengage Learning's Webpage for "Exploring Digital Cinematography"
- The School of Design at Mount Ida College Official Website
- Letter from Mount Ida College President Barry Brown
- Dean Donati Talks About New Majors
- Official Digital Visualization Program Page
- Official Animation Program Page
- Official Commercial Photography Program Page
- Official Interactive Media Program Page
- SIGGRAPH listing for "Head Quarters"
- SIGGRAPH listing for "Evil i"
- Animation World Network's Article on the 1999 ASIFA East Awards
- Animation World Network's Article on the 2000 ASIFA East Awards
- NextFrame's listing for "Head Quarters"
- Rhythm & Hues Studios Scholarship Winners
- Panelist Bios - Educating Tomorrow’s Gaming Leaders
- Article in Millimeter Magazine - "Distribution U" by Craig Erpelding
- Article on Unique Teaching Techniques - "Canvassing the Big Screen" by Ellen Wolff – Animation Magazine - December 2006
- IMDB listing for "Head Quarters"
- IMDB listing for "Evil i"
- IMDB listing for "Commit to the Line"
- Bio from Publisher's website