This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Early life, family and education
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2016)|
Figgis's parents are Peter and Anne Figgis. Figgis has three brothers: Daniel, a former child actor; Peter jnr, a mind and body fitness expert and Jonathan Figgis, a filmmaker who has been a collaborator and business partner. A cousin, Mike Figgis, is an Academy Award-nominated writer and director of the feature film Leaving Las Vegas.
Before Jason got into directing he was an animator and worked on many different animated films, including An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and The Thief and the Cobbler. For a time, he worked at Steven Spielberg's Amblimation.
Jason has also toured around acting in a variety of theatre companies including the Shakespeare Company.
In 1999, Jonathan and Jason embarked on their collaborative filmmaking careers working on their first short film, "Pallida Mors".
The brothers' Dublin-based company, October Eleven Pictures, was formed in the early 2000s. Jason worked on a variety of programmes for Discovery Channel, Sky One, RTÉ (Ireland) and SVT (Sweden), among others. These shows include the feature-length documentary The Twilight Hour, Uri's Haunted Cities: Venice with paranormalist Uri Geller, and the co-production A Maverick In London featuring Joanna Lumley, Steven Berkoff, Richard E. Grant, and Alan Rickman. There has been much success on the festival circuit with official selections at many international festivals, an IFTA Award nomination in 2003 and won Best Feature Film for A Curious Incident In The Life of Uri Geller in 2006.
October Eleven Picture's first feature film 3Crosses (released in the US as Once Upon a Time in Dublin) was completed for Spring 2010 whilst they were preparing for post-production on two feature films (shot Autumn 2007), Handheld and Blood. Blood premiered at the Galway Film Fleadh in 2011.
- "The Mumbas Join 3CROSSES". ShowBiz Ireland. July 6, 2005. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "TAEM interview with Producer/Writer/Director Jason Figgis". EerieDigest.com. November 1, 2011. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- Brosnan, Seán (October 21, 2014). "Interview with Jason Figgis – Director of Irish Horror 'The Ecstasy of Isabel Mann'". IFTN.ie. Irish Film and Television Network. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- "Busy Time For October Eleven's Figgis Brothers". IFTN.ie. Irish Film and Television Network. August 18, 2004. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- Newton, Aisling (May 16, 2014). "October Eleven Pictures Wraps Irish Feature 'Family'". IFTN.ie. Irish Film and Television Network. Retrieved February 11, 2016.
- Jason Figgis at the Internet Movie Database
- October Eleven Pictures entry on IFTN
- The Twilight Hour, review of documentary film Twilight Hour - Visions Of Ireland's Haunted Past directed by Jason Figgis on Pop Twist entertainment
- The Twilight Hour - Visions Of Ireland's Haunted Past review and article on Cork Film Festival
|This article about an Irish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|