|Full name||Jason Hicks|
|Date of birth||16 January 1990|
|Place of birth||Gravesend, England|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2014–2015||Wellington Phoenix Reserves||5||(1)|
|2012||New Zealand U-23||4||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 September 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 6 June 2014
Hicks signed with Wellington Phoenix on a short-term injury replacement contract. However, his performances in the 2 league games he played in were impressive enough to land him a 2-year contract with the club. Hicks scored his first goal for the Phoenix in a 3–2 victory over the Newcastle Jets on 9 February 2014.
Hicks was called into the All Whites squad for a 30 May friendly in Auckland against South Africa by interim coach Neil Emblen. Hicks made his international debut on 30 May 2014 against South Africa, coming on as a substitute. The match ended in a nil-all draw.
On 19 November 2015, National Premier Leagues Victoria side South Melbourne FC confirmed that Hicks had joined the club for the 2016 Football Federation Victoria season. Upon signing for the club, Hicks stated his ambition was to "win the league with South". He was released by South Melbourne on 14 February 2016, prior to the beginning of the league season and prior to making a single appearance with the club.
On 13 February 2016, Jason Hicks signed with National Premier Leagues Victoria side Melbourne Knights FC. Hicks made his non-competitive debut for Melbourne Knights in a 3-2 loss to Sydney United 58 FC in the annual Friendship Cup fixture, that year contested at Sydney United Sports Centre in New South Wales. Hicks then made his official debut for the Knights in Round 1 of the NPL Victoria season, a 1-1 draw against Green Gully SC at Knights Stadium. The midfielder got his first assist in Red, White and Blue in Round 3, when he set up fellow midfielder James McGarry for the opening goal in a 2-1 win over Northcote City FC in Round 3. On 19 March 2016, Hicks scored a hat-trick in a 7-0 win over Eltham Redbacks FC in Round 4 of the 2016 FFA Cup. Just six days later, Hicks was again the hero as he scored the lone goal in Melbourne's 1-0 victory over FC Bulleen Lions in the NPL Victoria. In Round 10, Jason Hicks scored a 90th-minute winner against Melbourne Victory FC Youth.
- "Soccer: Phoenix sign four players on short deals". nzherald.co.nz. 10 October 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Plumber Hicks Lands his Dream Job". Football Federation Australia. 24 October 2013.
- Hughes, Mark. "Newcastle Jets vs Wellington Phoenix Report". Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Kouroumalis, George. "SOUTH RELEASE JASON HICKS AHEAD OF TRANSFER DEADLINE". smfc.com.au. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Knights sign deadline week midfielder". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Late Charge Falls Short For Gallant Knights". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Knights Share The Spoils". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Knights record first win for 2016". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Hicks Hatrick Ensures No Hick-Ups In Cup Win". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Knights The Lion Tamers". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- "Late Drama Again For Knights". Melbourne Knights FC. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
|This association football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|