Jason Kingsley (born June 27, 1974) is an American actor. He was born with Down syndrome. In 1975, Kingsley made his television debut on Sesame Street at 15 months old and appeared in 55 episodes. He also guest-starred in a 1984 episode of The Fall Guy, and episodes of All My Children and Touched by an Angel.
Kingsley was born to Emily and Charles Kingsley. His mother is a writer for Sesame Street and his father was a painting contractor. Kingsley graduated from Lakeland High School in 1994, and passed all six Regents Examinations. In June 1997, he graduated from Maplebrook School, a post-secondary school for students with learning disabilities.
|1975–||Sesame Street||Jason||55 episodes|
|1984||The Fall Guy||Jason||Episode: "The Winner"|
|1997||Touched by an Angel||David||Episode: "An Angel by Any Other Name"|
|2004||Sesame Street||Himself||Episode: 4072|
- Winerip, Michael (March 11, 2007). "They'll Do It Themselves, Thanks". The New York Times. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Davis, Michael (December 26, 2008). Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street. Penguin. p. 232. ISBN 978-1-4406-5875-4. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
Just like Sesame Street itself, it all started with a preschooler. For in the early-to-mid- 1970s, Jason Kingsley blended with the other kids on set, appearing in fifty-five episodes as his charming, exuberant self.
- Gunther, Marc (July 26, 1989). "A Tv Breakthrough". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Dickman, Irving; Gordon, Sol (February 1, 1993). One Miracle at a Time: Getting Help for a Child with a Disability. Simon & Schuster. p. 23. ISBN 978-0-671-78934-3. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Farrell, Mary H.J.; Sugden, Jane (May 2, 1994). "Growing Up Down". People. 41 (16). Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- Wetzler, Cynthia Magriel (August 24, 1997). "Meeting the Challenge of Down Syndrome". The New York Times. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- "The Winner". TV Guide. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- "An Angel by Any Other Name". TV Guide. Retrieved March 22, 2017.