Winnipeg International Jazz Festival
|TD Winnipeg International Jazz Festival|
|Location(s)||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
The festival, organized by the Jazz Winnipeg organization and formerly called the Jazz Winnipeg Festival, features Canadian and international musicians in several jazz genres. The festival holds ticketed events in various Winnipeg venues and free concerts in the Old Market Square in Winnipeg's historic Exchange District. Jazz Winnipeg also hosts jazz concerts throughout the year.
Past performers include jazz legends George Benson, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Dave Brubeck, Charlie Haden, Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson, Dave Holland, Wynton Marsalis, Sonny Rollins, Wayne Shorter, McCoy Tyner, Bobby McFerrin, Buster Williams, Christian McBride, and Kamasi Washington, as well as non-jazz artists such as The Roots, Booker T. Jones, The Neville Brothers, St. Vincent, and Al Green.
- "Jazz Winnipeg Festival Celebrates 15 Years". Manitoba Music. Retrieved January 3, 2022.
- "Jazz Festivals". Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved January 3, 2022.
- "Annual Festivals and Events". Tourism Winnipeg. Retrieved January 3, 2022.
- "Winnipeg Jazz Festival keep things lively". Global News. Retrieved January 3, 2022.
- "Jubilee will be jumpin". Winnipeg Free Press.