|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||New York, United States|
|Genres||Acid jazz, jazz rap, neo soul, downtempo|
|Years active||1994 to present|
|Labels||Beave, Mesa/Bluemoon, Atlantic|
|Members||Marlon Saunders, Warren Rosenstein, John Pondel, David Inniss, Mark Robohm, Peter Mark, David Binney, Daniel Sadownick, David Sancious, Michal Cohen|
|Past members||Ahmed Best, Carl Carter, Chris Eminizer, David Whitworth, Gary Pozner, Jack Ruby Jr., Julio Acosta, Kaïssa, KCB, Kevin DiSimone, Lucia Iman, Mazz Mlani, Michelle Lewis, Naren Budhakar, Ronnie Russ, Rosa Russ, Scott Colley, Tajiri Saedi, Vincent Chancey|
Their debut album, The Jazzhole, was released in 1994, followed by five others. Their latest, Poet’s Walk, was released in 2006.
Throughout the band's history, a nucleus of three members—Marlon Saunders, Warren Rosenstein and John Pondel—has remained unchanged. Other members include Ahmed Best, Rosa Russ, Ronnie Russ, Michelle Lewis, Kevin DiSimone, Jack Ruby Jr., KCB, Dave Inniss, Peter Mark, Mark Robohm, Kaïssa, as well as guest players such as Daniel Sadownick, Scott Colley, David Binney and David Sancious.
- The Jazzhole (February 22, 1994, Mesa/BlueMoon Recordings)
- …And the Feeling Goes Round (August 29, 1995, Mesa/BlueMoon Recordings)
- The Beat Is the Bomb! (remixes) (June 18, 1996, Mesa/BlueMoon Recordings)
- Blackburst (February 29, 2000, Beave Music)
- Circle of the Sun (November 1, 2002, Beave Music)
- Poet's Walk (July 11, 2006, Beave Music)
- Burger, Jorg (1994-08-21). "And You Can Dance To It: Acid Jazz Is Seeping, Finally, Into Local Live-Music Scene". The Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2008-01-29.