Jean-Yves Le Gall
Jean-Yves Le Gall
|President of CNES|
|Assumed office |
3 April 2013
|Preceded by||Yannick d'Escatha|
|Born||30 April 1959|
University of Paris-Sud
Jean-Yves Le Gall (born 30 April 1959) is an engineering graduate from the École supérieure d'optique (1981) and holds a doctorate in engineering from the University of Paris-Sud (1983). He began his career in 1981 as a researcher at the Astronomy Laboratory, French National Scientific Research Center, where he worked on the European scientific satellites project Hipparcos and ISO. In 1985 he joined the Department of Industry and was assigned to the Space Office where he was particularly in charge of relations with the space industry.
The Minister for the Postal Service, Telecommunications and Space appointed Le Gall as advisor for space affairs in 1985. In this position, he participated in the definition of CNES and ESA programs. In 1993, he joined Novespace, a subsidiary of CNES, of which he was Managing Director. Le Gall was appointed as CNES Deputy Managing Director in 1996. In this function, he was the French Representative to the ESA. In 1998, he was appointed as Chairman and CEO of Starsem.
Honors and recognitions
Le Gall was named by Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine as its 2014 Laureate for Space, based on his work at Arianespace. In 2006 he received title of "Satellite Executive of the Year" from Via Satellite magazine.
- "Jean-Yves Le Gall - Chairman & CEO of Arianespace". Arianespace. Archived from the original on 6 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Arianespace CEO Jean-Yves Le Gall is named Via Satellite magazine's "Satellite Executive of the Year"" (Press release). Arianespace. 17 January 2006. Archived from the original on 6 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Lardier, Christian; Barensky, Stefan (12 March 2013). "Chapter 5 - The Various Versions". The Soyuz Launch Vehicle: The Two Lives of an Engineering Triumph. Springer-Praxis. p. 383. ISBN 978-1461454595.
- "Stéphane Israël named Chairman and CEO of Arianespace" (Press release). Evry: Arianespace. 18 April 2013. Archived from the original on 6 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Jean-Yves Le Gall". CNES. Archived from the original on 6 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Penton's Aviation Week Announces Winners of 57th Annual Laureates Awards, Honoring Outstanding Achievements in Aviation, Aerospace & Defense" (Press release). PR Newswire. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
|This French engineer or inventor biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|