Ruby got her big break in July 1919. She was called to New York City and offered a three-year Metropolitan Opera contract by Giulio Gatti-Casazza. Shortly after signing her contract she changed her name to "Jeanne" Gordon. Her debut performance was as Azucena in Il trovatore on November 22, 1919. In 1919, she created the roles of the Fairy and Mme Berlingot in L'oiseau bleu by Albert Wolff in its world premiere. She made guest appearances with the Opéra de Monte-Carlo in 1928.
- "Jeanne Gordon, 59 Once Sang At 'Met'. Contralto With Company in 1920s Dies. Started Career With the Creatore Opera". New York Times. February 23, 1952.
- McPherson, James B.,"Gordon, Jeanne", The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Mann, Alan and Frank. Settlement on The Sydenham: The Story of Wallaceburg. Wallaceburg: Standard Press, 1984, 16-17.
- Metropolitan Opera, Gordon, Jeanne (Mezzo Soprano) MetOpera Database
- "Jeanne Gordon Suffers Breakdown". New York Times. May 4, 1933.