Jeanne W. Ross
Jeanne Wenzel Ross (born ca. 1952) is an American organizational theorist and principal research scientist at MIT Sloan School of Management and Director of the MIT Center for Information Systems Research (CISR), specialized in Enterprise Architecture, ICT and Management. She is known for her work on IT governance, and Enterprise architecture.
Ross received her BA from the University of Illinois in 1974, her MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1977, and her PhD in Management Information Systems from the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee in 1987 with the thesis, entitled "Management information systems department control over end-user computing in marketing departments" under supervision of Kate M. Kaiser.
After her graduation in 1978 Ross started her academic career as assistant professor at St. Norbert College. From 1989 to 1993 she was assistant professor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and then she joined the Boston University School of Management. In the early 1990s she wrote her first working papers with Janis L. Gogan. In 1993 she moved to the MIT Sloan School of Management, where she became principal research scientist and in July 2008 Director of MIT Sloan School’s Center for Information Systems Research (CISR) as successor of Peter Weill.
In 2001 Ross was founding editor of MIS Quarterly Executive, and she was Editor-in-Chief for some time. Ross' research is focused on "how firms develop competitive advantage through the implementation and reuse of digitized platforms."
- Weill, Peter, and Jeanne W. Ross. IT governance: How top performers manage IT decision rights for superior results. Harvard Business Press, 2004.
- Ross, Jeanne W., Peter Weill, and David C. Robertson. Enterprise architecture as strategy: Creating a foundation for business execution. Harvard Business Press, 2006.
Articles, a selection:
- Rockart, John F., Michael J. Earl, and Jeanne W. Ross. "Eight imperatives for the new IT organization." Sloan management review 38.1 (1996): 43-55.
- Ross, Jeanne W., Cynthia Mathis Beath, and Dale L. Goodhue. "Develop long-term competitiveness through IT assets." Sloan management review 38.1 (1996): 31-42.
- Ross, Jeanne W., and Michael R. Vitale. "The ERP revolution: surviving vs. thriving." Information systems frontiers 2.2 (2000): 233-241.
- Robey, Daniel, Jeanne W. Ross, and Marie-Claude Boudreau. "Learning to implement enterprise systems: an exploratory study of the dialectics of change." Journal of Management Information Systems 19.1 (2002): 17-46.
- Levina, Natalia, and Jeanne W. Ross. "From the vendor's perspective: exploring the value proposition in information technology outsourcing." MIS quarterly (2003): 331-364.
- "MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Jeanne Ross". MIT Sloan CIO Symposium. 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2015-05-30.
- Brown, Allen E., and Gerald G. Grant. "Framing the frameworks: A review of IT governance research." Communications of the Association for Information Systems 15.1 (2005): 38.
- Lankhorst, Marc. Enterprise Architecture at Work: Modelling, Communication and Analysis. The Enterprise Engineering Series. 2005; 2013.
- Jeanne Ross at Sloan, 2013
- Ross, Jeanne Wenzel. Management information systems department control over end-user computing in marketing departments]. Doctoral Dissertation. The University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, 1987. (dl.acm.org/citation)
- Gogan, Janis L., and Jeanne W. Ross. Managers and the privacy gap. Boston University, School of Management, 1991.
- Gogan, Janis L., and Jeanne W. Ross. Privacy, Profit, and Public Interest: Conflicting Interests in the Information Age. Boston University, School of Management, 1991.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jeanne W. Ross|
- Jeanne Ross bio, MIT Sloan Faculty Directory
- Jeanne Ross of MIT CISR on Enterprise Architecture at youtube.com