Jeanne d’Arc Debonheur
|Jeanne d’Arc Debonheur|
April 19, 1978|
National University of Rwanda|
(Bachelor of Laws)
(Master of Laws in Business Law)
|Occupation||Lawyer and Politician|
|Years active||2008 — present|
|Title||Cabinet Minister of Refugees and Disaster Management in the Cabinet of Rwanda|
Background and education
She started her career in 1998, working as a Court Registrar in the Commercial Court, based in Musanze and Nyarugenge, serving in that capacity until 2011. From 2011 until 2012 she worked as Legal Drafter and Advisor in the Chamber of Deputies of the bicameral Rwanda Parliament. For a period of three months, from January 2013 to 23 April 2013, she served as the Legal Officer in "Rwanda Environment Management Authority" (REMA).
From 24 April 2013, she worked as a specialist in legislative drafting and as legal advisor to the Rwanda Senate, serving in that capacity until 29 August 2017. On 31 August 2017, she was sworn-in as the Rwanda Minister for Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs.
Jeanne d’Arc Debonheur is a married mother of three children.
- KT Press Staff Writer (30 August 2017). "New Prime Minister Announces Cabinet". Kigali: Kigali Today Press (KT Press). Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Midimar (31 August 2017). "Rwanda Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugees: About the Minister, Jeanne d'Arc Debonheur". Kigali: Rwanda Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugees (Midimar). Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- REMA (25 January 2013). "REMA staff committed to work hard for a better environment". Kigali: Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA). Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Kimenyi, Felly (31 August 2017). "Rwanda gets new Cabinet, who is in?". New Times (Rwanda). Kigali. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Website of the Rwanda Ministry of Refugees and Disaster Management
- Losers in President Kagame’s New Cabinet As of 31 August 2017.
|This Rwandan biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|