Jeff Lieberman (roboticist)
Jeff Lieberman (2009)
|Born||March 1978 (age 40)
|Occupation||Roboticist, Television Presenter|
Lieberman, originally from Florida, holds two B.S. degrees, in Mathematics and Physics, and two M.S. degrees, in Mechanical Engineering and Media Arts & Sciences with a focus in Robotics, all from MIT. He is currently taking a leave of absence from pursuing a Ph.D due to the demands of filming. Before his leave, he worked in the MIT Media Lab in Cynthia Breazeal's Personal Robots Group.
He has since then made many technological sculptures, which resulted in him starting his design firm Plebian Design. He also did a project on the crowd funding site KickStarter. "One thing that I don’t want to do as an artist is inflate the prices of my work to artificially make them more valuable. Often artists do this in order to make a living; so I wanted to figure out another alternative." he said, explaining why he chose KickStarter for one of his projects.
Lieberman is also a musician, playing several instruments as well as singing. His first starring role in a feature film was in the romantic musical comedy "83 Errers".
Plebian Design is the name of Lieberman's design firm, which has done projects like the Quartet and the newly installed "Patterned by Nature", which is a sculptural ribbon 10 feet wide and 90 feet in length.
- http://robotic.media.mit.edu/projects/robots/tikl/tikl.html Example of Jeff's research
- "absolut quartet". bea.st. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- on YouTube
- Tyagi, Akshay. "Jeff Lieberman's Kinetic Sculptures [ Video ]". The TechIRIS. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Tyagi, Akshay. "Jeff Lieberman – Under the Iris". The TechIRIS. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Patterned by Nature". Plebian Design. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Official Time Warp website
- Lieberman's Personal Website
- biographical info on Time Warp website
- Scientific slowdown: Warp-speed photography
- WGBH web-only interview with Jeff
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|