This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 12, 1952|
Whittier, California, U.S.
Jeff Linsky (born April 12, 1952) is an American fingerstyle guitarist who plays Latin and Brazilian jazz.
Linsky was born in Whittier, California. When he was ten, he began playing guitar. During the following year, he played at a church dance and attended a concert by classical guitarist Andrés Segovia. In his teens he often went to a jazz club in Hermosa Beach, but because he was too young to enter, he remained outside to listen to the music. A solo performance by saxophonist Sonny Stitt made a strong impression on him. He took lessons from Joe Pass and Vicente Gomez. From the early 1970s to the late 1980s, he lived in Hawaii. He toured as a solo musician in the U.S. and Europe, then moved to San Francisco in 1988, and his music began to get more attention.
- Up Late (Concord Picante, 1988)
- Simpatico (Kamei, 1991)
- Rendezvous (Kamei, 1992)
- Solo (GSP, 1992)
- Angel's Serenade (Concord Jazz, 1994)
- In the Enchanted Garden with Kevin Kern (Real Music, 1996)
- California (Concord Vista, 1996)
- Passport to the Heart (Concord Jazz, 1997)
- Guitarra Latina Romantica (2013)
- Fingerstyle Jazz Guitar Solos (Mel Bay, 2003)
- Latin Jazz Gutar (Mel Bay, 2008)