June 9, 1987 |
Detroit, MI, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||179 lb (81 kg; 12 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team||Pittsburgh Penguins|
|NHL Draft||74th overall, 2006
Los Angeles Kings
Jeff Zatkoff (born June 9, 1987) is an American professional ice hockey goaltender who currently plays with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League. He signed a two-year contract with Pittsburgh on July 1, 2012  and made his NHL debut on October 11, 2013.
Jeff is the great nephew of Roger Zatkoff, who played in the National Football League for the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers. His father, Jeff, was drafted by the Indiana Pacers of the National Basketball Association after playing collegiately at Eastern Michigan.
Zatkoff was drafted in the third round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, 74th overall, by the Los Angeles Kings after playing collegiately for the Miami University Redhawks. Jeff was named CCHA All-Conference Team honorable mention in 2006–07 as a sophomore. He was also named Rookie of the Year in 2005–06 as a freshman for the Redhawks, starting 20 games and helping lead the team to a regular-season CCHA Conference title.
On April 10, 2008, Zatkoff signed a three-year entry level contract with the Los Angeles Kings. He was also signed to an Amateur Try-Out Agreement with the Ontario Reign on April 11, 2008. He made his professional debut with the Reign, appearing in 37 games during the 2008-09 season. Zatkoff played for the Manchester Monarchs through the 2011–12 season.
Zatkoff signed a two-year contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins on July 1, 2012. On March 28, 2013, Zatkoff was recalled by Pittsburgh to be a backup for Tomas Vokoun for a game against the Winnipeg Jets due to a neck injury suffered by Marc-Andre Fleury. Vokoun played the entire game and Zatkoff was returned to Wilkes-Barre the following day when doctors cleared Fleury to return. Zatkoff and teammate Brad Thiessen were awarded with the Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award at the conclusion of the 2012–13 AHL season. The Hap Holmes Award is given to the goaltender(s) who play at least 25 games for the team that allows the fewest goals against over the course of the season.
Zatkoff was expected to spend the 2013-14 season with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. However, a blood clot suffered by Vokoun meant that Zatkoff started the season backing up Pittsburgh starter Marc-André Fleury. On October 11, 2013, Zatkoff made his NHL debut, making 24 saves in a 6-3 loss to the Florida Panthers. His first NHL victory was a 3-0 shutout of the Blue Jackets in Columbus on November 2, 2013.
|Competitor for United States|
|World Junior Championships|
Regular season and playoffs
|2004–05||Sioux City Musketeers||USHL||24||13||6||3||1271||54||1||2.55||.914||2||0||0||67||10||0||8.88||.706|
Awards and honors
|All-CCHA Second Team||2007–08|||
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2008|||
|Harry "Hap" Holmes Memorial Award||2013|||
- "Penguins Sign Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff and Forward Riley Holzapfel". July 1, 2012. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "Shea-ved Ice: Give Zatkoff A Chance". October 12, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2013.
- "Zatkoff profile". muredhawks.cstv.com. January 2, 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2010.
- "Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Five debuts give ECHL 520 players to reach NHL". The Echl. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- "Penguins Recall Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff". March 28, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- News "Penguins Re-Assign Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton". March 29, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- "Penguins pair win Hap Holmes award". American Hockey League. April 1, 2013. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "For Penguins' Zatkoff, disappointing debut". Trib Total Media. October 11, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- "Zatkoff wins 1st as Pens continue to roll". Trib Total Media. November 2, 2013. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "All-CCHA Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "2012-13 CCHA Media Guide". ISSUU.com. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- Jeff Zatkoff's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Jeff Zatkoff's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Miami Redhawks Player Bio: Jeff Zatkoff
- Jeff Zatkoff's bio at Hockey Future.com
|Awards and achievements|
|CCHA Best Goaltender