Jeffrey Hale - St Brigid's Hospital
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jeffery Hale - Saint Brigid's is a publicly funded health establishment located in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. It provides a range of primary health care services to the population of Quebec's Capitale-Nationale (Greater Quebec City) region.
In 1856, Reverend Father Bernard McGauran founded Saint Brigid's Home as a shelter for Irish immigrants, widows and orphans. In 1864, philanthropist Jeffery Hale left a sum of money in his will to found a hospital to care for Protestants of all denominations.
In 2007, these two health establishments merged. Jeffery Hale - Saint Brigid's is legally mandated as a residential and long-term care centre (CHSLD - Centre d'hébergement de soins de longue durée) with complementary missions for hospital centre services and community (CLSC-type) services in English. Jeffery Hale - Saint Brigid's also has the mandate to serve the region's English-speaking population.
- Gelly, Alain (1990). Centre Hospitalier Jeffery Hale's Hospital Centre: 1865–1990 (in French and English). ISBN 2-9801802-0-3.
- Jeffery Hale - Saint Brigid's - Official Website
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online - Hale, Jeffery
- In French only: Guide des archives hospitalières de la région de Québec 1639–1970 Hôpital Jeffery Hale [1865-
- St. Patrick's Parish - Quebec
- Irish priests in the Diocese of Quebec in the nineteenth century