Jeffry Denman is an American actor, director, choreographer and author.
Denman was born and raised in Buffalo, New York and graduated from the University of Buffalo as a Musical Theatre Dance major.
He made his Broadway debut in the 1995 revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, played Munkustrap in the closing company of Cats and understudied Matthew Broderick in the original cast of The Producers. He was the assistant choreographer and understudy for the Noël Coward role in the Off-Broadway musical revue If Love Were All in 1999.
In 2004 he originated the role of Phil Davis opposite Brian d'Arcy James, Anastasia Barzee and Meredith Patterson in the World Premiere production of Irving Berlin's White Christmas at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco. In 2008 he starred in the original Broadway production opposite Stephen Bogardus, Kerry O'Malley and Meredith Patterson.
He co-starred in Ken Ludwig's musical The Gershwins' An American in Paris at the Alley Theatre, Houston, Texas, in 2008. The Houston Chronicle wrote of him: a "song-and-dance man in the classic tradition, Denman is a natural scene-stealer."
In 2010 he choreographed and played the role of Artie in the Off Broadway premiere of Yank!: a World War II Love Story by Joseph and David Zellnik and was nominated for a 2010 Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actor in a musical as well as a 2010 Lucille Lortel Award for Best Choreography.
He appeared as Lee Tannen in the World premiere production of I Loved Lucy, a play based on the best selling memoir by Lee Tannen, produced by the Laguna Playhouse in October 2010.
He is the author of A Year With The Producers:One Actor's Exhausting (But Worth It) Journey from Cats to Mel Brooks' Mega-Hit (Routledge, 2002).
Denman and Erin Crouch were married in August 2008.
Face the Music (Encores! Cast Recording)
Irving Berlin's White Christmas (Studio Cast Recording)
Stage Door Canteen: Broadway Responds to World War II (92nd Street Y Concert Cast Recording)
The Producers (Original Broadway Cast)
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (1995 Revival Cast Recording)
- Willis, John. "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, 1995"Theatre World 1995-1996, Hal Leonard Corporation, 1998, ISBN 1-55783-323-0, p.70
- Brantley, Ben. Stepping Into the Jazz Age with Noel and Twiggy" New York Times, June 11, 1999
- "'If Love Were All' listing, 1999" Internet Off-Broadway Database, accessed January 19, 2011
- Elyse Sommer. "A CurtainUp Review: Encores! Concert Version of 'Of Thee I Sing'" curtainup.com,May 12, 2006
- Isherwood, Charles. "Theater Review:'Face The Music'" New York Times, March 31, 2007
- Ernio Hernandez. "Leads Set for Upcoming White Christmas Stage Musical in San Francisco" playbill.com, October 7, 2004
- Jones, Kenneth. "Broadway's White Christmas Will Star Bogardus, O'Malley, Denman and Patterson" playbill.com, September 28, 2008
- Evans, Everett. AN AMERICAN IN PARIS:Song-and-dance man Denman a real showstopper" chron.com, June 12, 2008
- Andrew Gans "Drama Desk Award Nominations Announced; Ragtime and Scottsboro Top List" playbill.com, May 3, 2010
- Jones, Kenneth. "Everyday Rapture, Glass Menagerie, The Pride Are Among Lortel Award Nominees" playbill.com, April 1, 2010
- Jones, Kenneth. "Showbiz Memoir I Loved Lucy, Starring Jeffry Denman and Diane J. Findlay, Premieres in CA" playbill.com, October 9, 2010
- "'A Year with the Producers' listing" taylorandfrancis.com, ISBN 978-0-87830-154-6, February 22, 2002(Publish date)
- (no author). "Erin Crouch, Jeffry Denman" New York Times, August 16, 2008