|Los Angeles Angels – No. 19|
|First baseman / Third baseman / Left fielder|
June 21, 1991 |
La Romana, La Romana, Dominican Republic
|July 5, 2015, for the Detroit Tigers|
(through 2017 season)
|Runs batted in||69|
Jefry Leonal Marté Paulino (born June 21, 1991) is a Dominican professional baseball first baseman, third baseman and left fielder for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut with the Detroit Tigers in 2015.
Marté signed as an international free agent with the New York Mets. He played for the St. Lucie Mets of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League in 2011 and the Binghamton Mets of the Class AA Eastern League in 2012. He participated in the All-Star Futures Game during the 2011 season and the Arizona Fall League after the 2011 season.
The Mets traded Marté to the Oakland Athletics on December 18, 2012, in exchange for outfielder Collin Cowgill. On November 22, 2014, Marté signed a Minor League contract with the Detroit Tigers.
Marté was promoted to the major leagues by the Tigers on July 4, 2015, and made his major league debut the next day. In his first career major league start on July 8, he got his first major league hit, an RBI double in the second inning, and his first major league home run in the fourth inning. Marte filled in well for an injured Miguel Cabrera in July and August, batting .250 (13-for-52) with four doubles, three home runs and seven RBIs. He batted .275 with 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 65 RBIs for the Toledo Mud Hens of the Class AAA International League. He was a September call-up, returning to the Tigers on September 8, 2015.
The Tigers traded Marté to the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for Kody Eaves on January 27, 2016. He began the 2016 season with the Salt Lake Bees of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League, and was promoted to the Angels in May.
- David Lennon (May 5, 2011). "Mets farm report: Jefry Marte". Newsday.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Marshall, Ashley. "Marte breaks tie with first AFL home run". Milb.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- New Jersey (November 1, 2011). "Mets trade for outfielder Collin Cowgill". NJ.com. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Fenech, Anthony (November 22, 2014). "LHP Duran among prospects to sign Tigers minor deals". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- McMann, Aaron (July 4, 2015). "Jefry Marte brings power bat, some flexibility to Detroit Tigers lineup". MLive. Retrieved July 4, 2015.
- Beck, Jason; Erickson, Andrew (July 8, 2015). "Marte breaks out as Tigers edge Mariners". MLB.com. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Beck, Jason (September 8, 2015). "Tigers call up 4, designate Fields". MLB.com. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Fletcher, Jeff (January 27, 2016). "Angels get infielder Jefry Marte from Tigers for Kody Eaves". Orange County Register. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jefry Marté.|