|Born||December 24, 1968|
|Residence||Greater New York City|
|Alma mater||University of Vermont|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, TV personality|
|Known for||Founder of Save the Date|
Jennifer Gilbert (born December 24, 1968) is an American entrepreneur and TV personality. She is the founder and chief visionary officer of Save the Date, a New York–based special events company. She was named one of the entrepreneurs of the year by Ernst & Young for her event planning company, Save the Date in 1998. She has also appeared on the TV series Real Housewives of New York City.
Early life and career
Gilbert graduated from the University of Vermont in 1990 and received a Bachelor of Science in Consumer Marketing with a minor in Business. After graduation Gilbert moved to New York City. In 1991, at the age of 22, a stranger attacked her, stabbing her 37 times with a screwdriver before leaving her for dead.
After recovering, she decided to become an event planner and started Save the Date, a New York based event planning company, in 1994. In 2010 she sued a dating company with similar name called Save the Dating, the company went off business after lawsuit. The company has rendered services to many notable companies including several in Fortune 500 companies and has been retained by clients such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Oprah Winfrey and singer Jewel.
She is also the co-owner of Portamee, a baby carrier company. She has also authored a book, I Never Promised You A Goodie Bag, in 2012. In her book, she discussed about how her life changed after being attacked at a young age and then how she got control on her life and started a successful company. She spoke at TEDx Barnard College Women sharing her entrepreneurial spirit and philosophy.
- Polster, Allison. "Enchanted Evenings: New York's Top Event Planners". gotham-magazine.com. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Ernst, Amanda (May 7, 2010). "Jennifer Gilbert Reacts To Her Hilarious 'Real Housewives' Debut". crushable.com. Defy Media. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Palmer, Amy (May 7, 2010). "When a 20-Year-Old Secret is Revealed: 'I Refuse to Be A Victim'". HuffPost. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Cruz, Clarissa; Bailly, Jenny. "7 Authors Model Summer's Most Sizzling (Under-$100!) Outfits". Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "The Scars You Don't See". marieclaire.com. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Gilbert, Jennifer (June 2, 2016). "Finally, an Anniversary to Celebrate". Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Abbasi, Jennifer (April 11, 2014). "Jennifer Gilbert: Woman Warrior". Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "'Why I Will Never Be a Victim'". Inc. June 28, 2012. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Gilbert, Jennifer (August 6, 2012). "How I Rebuilt My Life After Being Attacked". HuffPost. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Cowles, Charlotte (April 9, 2010). "New Housewife Jennifer Gilbert Sues New York Matchmaking Business; Gerunds Involved". New York Post. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Jennifer Gilbert - Who is She". ladieswholaunch.com. May 11, 2004. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Schultz, Erin. "Jennifer Gilbert Bounced Back From a Near-Fatal Attack to Find Massive Business Success". Entrepreneur. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Portamee - who are WEe". portamee.com. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag: A Memoir of a Life Through Events--the Ones You Plan and the Ones You Don't". Amazon.com. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Jennifer Gilbert, Author Of Memoir 'I Never Promised You A Goodie Bag,' Talks Success After Violence". HuffPost. May 14, 2012. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- "Jennifer Gilbert". myfoxny.com. May 17, 2012. Archived from the original on August 19, 2012. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- "Entrepreneurial Spirit: Jennifer Gilbert at TEDxBarnardCollegeWomen". Soccks on an Octopus. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Rancilio, Alicia (February 6, 2010). "New 'Housewife' Jennifer Gilbert Loses Airtime, Cut From Reunion Special". HuffPost. AP. Archived from the original on November 29, 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Eber, Hailey (April 1, 2010). "Meet NYC's new 'Real Housewives' set to shake up the show". nypost.com. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Louie, Elaine (December 1, 2002). "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS: VOWS; Jennifer Gilbert and Bennett Egeth". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved April 26, 2018.