Jennifer Hilton, Baroness Hilton of Eggardon
|The Right Honourable|
Baroness Hilton of Eggardon
|Member of the House of Lords|
Assumed office |
14 June 1991
12 January 1936
Jennifer Hilton, Baroness Hilton of Eggardon QPM, (born 12 January 1936) is a British Labour Party politician and former police officer with the Metropolitan Police. She was awarded the Queen's Police Medal in the 1989 Birthday Honours.
Hilton was appointed a life peer in the House of Lords having previously served as a Commander of the Metropolitan Police in London, UK. She was elevated to the peerage on 14 June 1991 as Baroness Hilton of Eggardon, of Eggardon in the County of Dorset. She is a trustee of the Police Rehabilitation Trust.
- "No. 51772". The London Gazette (Supplement). 17 June 1989. p. 25.
- "No. 52577". The London Gazette. 19 June 1991. p. 9409.
- "Person Page – 19140". Darryl Lundy. ThePeerage.com. Retrieved 24 June 2008.
- "Contact and trustees". Charity-commission.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Mark Leftly, "Gay MPs: The photograph that shows Westminster's attitude towards LGBT politicians is changing", The Independent, 20 February 2016.