A self-portrait of Jenny Lawson
|Years active||2006 – present|
She is from Wall, Texas and is a graduate of Angelo State University. She is the author of The Bloggess website and formerly wrote the Ill Advised blog, co-authored Good Mom/Bad Mom on the Houston Chronicle and was a columnist for SexIs magazine. She is well known for her irreverent writing style. She also used to write an advice column named "Ask The Bloggess" for The Personal News Network (PNN.com) until she quit because they stopped paying her. She suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, OCD, ADD, depression and an anxiety disorder.
She was recognized by the Nielsen ratings as one of the Top 50 Most Powerful Mom Bloggers and Forbes listed thebloggess.com as one of their Top 100 Websites for Women. She was a finalist in the 2010 Weblog awards for Best Writing and Most Humorous Writer, and a finalist in the 2011 Weblog awards for Best Writing, Most Humorous Writer and Weblog of the Year. In 2011 The Huffington Post named her the "Greatest Person of the Day" for her work in raising money for struggling families in December 2010. She was also interviewed on CBC News Network's Connect with Mark Kelley during the fundraising campaign.
She has written an autobiography called Let's Pretend This Never Happened, released on April 17, 2012, by Amy Einhorn Books which was, on May 6, 2012, the number one New York Times bestseller. Her second book, Furiously Happy, was released on September 22, 2015. It is a humous look at Lawson's experience with depression and anxiety disorder and it debuted in the number 3 spot of New York Time Bestseller list on October 11, 2015.
- Lawson, Jenny. "Who is the Bloggess?". TheBloggess.com. Retrieved June 30, 2011.
- Chris Ariens (April 7, 2009). "PNN.com Launches "Ask the Bloggess"". Social Times. Retrieved January 10, 2012.
- Lawson, Jenny (November 7, 2010). "Strange things will happen if you let them.". TheBloggess.com. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- Lawson, Jennifer (January 8, 2011). "This doesn’t really fit here. It doesn’t really fit anywhere". Good Mom/Bad Mom. Retrieved August 20, 2011.
- Lawson, Jennifer (January 24, 2011). "Coming out". Good Mom/Bad Mom. Retrieved August 20, 2011.
- Jennifer, Lawson. "It's a Vicious Circle". Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- "Power Mom 50 – Nielson Online". Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Casserly, Meghan; Goudreau, Jenna (June 23, 2010). "Top 100 Websites For Women". Forbes. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Tenth Annual Weblog Awards". The Bloggies. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Eleventh Annual Weblog Awards". The Bloggies. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- Lee, Amy (January 3, 2011). "Today's HuffPost Greatest Person: Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess". The Huffington Post. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Charity matchmaker". CBC News. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "The Bloggess gets a book deal". BookPage. May 28, 2010. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)".
- "Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things". TheBloggess.com. Retrieved April 11, 2015.
- Official website
- Good Mom / Bad Mom
- The Bloggess on SexIs
- Ill Advised column
- Interview with Victoria Mixon
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|