||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||October 1, 1978|
|Education||Trinity Western University|
Jeremy Lott (born October 1, 1978) is an American writer, editor, and pundit. He briefly worked at the news website Rare Previously, Lott was the editor of Real Clear Religion and associate editor of Real Clear Science. Lott has written several books and articles, with his work appearing in well over 100 publications, including the National Post, Australian Financial Review, the Financial Times, the Guardian, Politico, and the American Prospect.
Lott has previously worked at the Cato Institute, Capitol Research Center, American Spectator, and the Competitive Enterprise Institute. And from 2006–2007 he was the Warren T. Brookes Journalism Fellow at CEI. Although much of Lott's past employment has been associated with conservative and libertarian organizations, he publishes frequently in left-leaning The Guardian.
Jeremy holds a B.A. from Trinity Western University in religious studies and lives bicoastal between Lynden, Washington and Fairfax, Virginia.
Jonathan Krohn Controversy
Lott gave young author Jonathan Krohn a critical review of his first book, Define Conservatism: For Past, Present, and Future Generations in 2009.
- This reviewer wishes him good luck with that and hopes that he never, ever gets the itch to write another book. Define Conservatism is terrible. It's not simply that the book is riddled with typos (though it is) or that it's shallow and awkwardly phrased that annoys so. There's also anger at the parents for allowing this book to be published at all. One of the things that good parents ought to do is keep their charges from embarrassing themselves this badly.
Lott, Jeremy. (2008). The Warm Bucket Brigade: The Story of the American Vice Presidency Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1-59555-082-8. A light-hearted history of the vice-presidency, "an altogether amusing, digressive account"
- "What's Your Story: Jeremy Lott".
- "Contact RealClearReligion".
- "About RealClearScience".
- "The Warren T. Brookes Journalism Fellowship".
- Jeremy Lott (March 4, 2009). "Kid Conservatism". Spectator.org. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Jeremy Lott (February 22, 2010). "Is Our Children Learning?". Spectator.org. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Shawn Macomber, "Love Thy Hypocrite?", American Spectator
- "In Defense of Hypocrisy: Picking Sides in the War on Virtue", Western Standard (Canada)
- Jason B. Jones, "Review", Bookslut
- Review, Publishers Weekly
- "Veeps in the Bucket", National Review, April 3, 2008
- Review, AV Club
- "Reason.tv: Author Jeremy Lott on William F. Buckley Jr.'s Faith and Politics", reason.tv
- Shawn Macomber, "A Fearless Prophet", American Spectator