|Born||October 1, 1978|
|Education||Trinity Western University|
Jeremy Lott (born October 1, 1978) is an American writer, editor, and pundit. He briefly worked at the news website Rare Previously, Lott was the editor of Real Clear Religion and associate editor of Real Clear Science. Lott has written several books and articles, with his work appearing in well over 100 publications, including the National Post, Australian Financial Review, the Financial Times, the Guardian, Politico, and the American Prospect.
Lott has previously worked at the Cato Institute, Capital Research Center, American Spectator, and the Competitive Enterprise Institute. And from 2006–2007 he was the Warren T. Brookes Journalism Fellow at CEI. Although much of Lott's past employment has been associated with conservative and libertarian organizations, he publishes frequently in left-leaning The Guardian.
Lott holds a B.A. from Trinity Western University in religious studies and lives bicoastal between Lynden, Washington and Fairfax, Virginia.
Review of Define Conservatism
Lott gave young author Jonathan Krohn a critical review of his first book, Define Conservatism: For Past, Present, and Future Generations in 2009.
- This reviewer wishes him good luck with that and hopes that he never, ever gets the itch to write another book. Define Conservatism is terrible. It's not simply that the book is riddled with typos (though it is) or that it's shallow and awkwardly phrased that annoys so. There's also anger at the parents for allowing this book to be published at all. One of the things that good parents ought to do is keep their charges from embarrassing themselves this badly.
- Lott, Jeremy (2006). In Defense of Hypocrisy: Picking Sides in the War on Virtue Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1-59555-052-1
- Lott, Jeremy (2008). The Warm Bucket Brigade: The Story of the American Vice Presidency Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1-59555-082-8. A light-hearted history of the vice-presidency, "an altogether amusing, digressive account"
- Mandel, Marvin; Lott, Jeremy (2010). I'll Never Forget It: Memoirs of a Political Accident from East Baltimore The Maryland Public Policy Institute. ISBN 978-0-9755756-3-5
- Lott, Jeremy (2010). William F. Buckley (Christian Encounters Series)Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1-59555-065-1
- "What's Your Story: Jeremy Lott". Archived from the original on July 22, 2011.
- "Contact RealClearReligion".
- "About RealClearScience".
- "The Warren T. Brookes Journalism Fellowship".
- Jeremy Lott (March 4, 2009). "Kid Conservatism". Spectator.org. Archived from the original on January 8, 2011. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Jeremy Lott (February 22, 2010). "Is Our Children Learning?". Spectator.org. Archived from the original on November 28, 2010. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- Shawn Macomber, "Love Thy Hypocrite?", American Spectator
- "In Defense of Hypocrisy: Picking Sides in the War on Virtue", Western Standard (Canada)
- Jason B. Jones, "Review", Bookslut
- Review, Publishers Weekly
- "Veeps in the Bucket", National Review, April 3, 2008
- Review, AV Club
- "Reason.tv: Author Jeremy Lott on William F. Buckley Jr.'s Faith and Politics", reason.tv
- Shawn Macomber, "A Fearless Prophet", American Spectator