He specialized in writing about humour and rock music, starting his career at the magazine New Musical Express. At 26 he moved on to be a producer at London's Capital Radio. He has written several books.
He died on 30 August 2001 from throat cancer.
- The Illustrated History of Rock Music
- The Movies from 1930 to the present
- The Uncyclopaedia of Rock
- God - the Ultimate Autobiography, Angus and Robertson, London, 1987, ISBN 0-207-15684-0
- Story of Rock: Rock 'n Roll Is Here To Stay, Phoebus Publishing Co., New York, 1973/76
- Young, Peter (September–October 2001). "What's Happening: Another sad loss to broadcasting". Radio London News. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
|This article about an English non-fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|