The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Buhlmann is Senior Independent Director at Inchcape PLC, Non-Executive Chairman of global digital marketing agency, Croud Limited, Non-Executive Director of Tulchan Communications, and a Senior Advisor for OC&C’s TMT Practice..
Buhlmann started his media career in 1980 at Young & Rubicam and then moved on to WCRS in 1983 where he became a Media Manager. He founded BBJ Media in 1989 and sold it to Aegis Group PLC in 1999. He held various management positions at Aegis Group. He became CEO Aegis Group PLC in 2010. While CEO he oversaw over 40 acquisitions including that of Mitchell Communication Group in Australia for $208 million in 2010. He oversaw Aegis Group’s disposal of its market research division, Synovate, to Ipsos SA for £528 million in 2011.
In 2013, Buhlmann sold Aegis Group PLC to Dentsu Group in a cash deal valued at £3.2 billion. The merger created Dentsu Aegis Network, the fifth-biggest holding company in the global advertising sector. It remains the largest deal in the history of the advertising industry.
Buhlmann became CEO of Dentsu Aegis Network which comprises all of Dentsu Group’s assets outside Japan. In July 2013 he became the second non-Japanese Executive Officer of Dentsu Inc. Buhlmann stepped down as CEO of Dentsu Aegis Network in December 2018.
As CEO, he was voted one of the top ten most effective CEOs at investor relations out of the FTSE all share community by analysts as evaluated by Thompson Reuters in 2012.
In 2012, Aegis management was rated in the top ten of Management Today’s Most Admired Companies report and the highest agency group overall.
- "INA Global - Advertising & Communication - Article - Worldwide advertising panorama". Inaglobal.fr. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Jerry Buhlmann to step down from Dentsu Aegis Network". Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Home". Inchcape Corporate Website. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Six Day Cycling - Track Cycling With An Incredible Party Atmosphere". Sixday. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "TMT | OC&C Strategy Consultants". www.occstrategy.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Whitgift School". www.whitgift.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Home". www.yr.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "home". WCRS. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Dentsu Aegis Network". www.dentsuaegisnetwork.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Croud non-exec chairman". Marcomms. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- Daniel Farey-Jones (2012-04-05). "Aegis chief picks up £600,000 cash bonus - Media news". Media Week. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Jerry Buhlmann to step down from Dentsu Aegis Network". Retrieved 2018-11-14. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|