|Birth name||Gerard Joseph Weldon|
|Genres||Jazz, hard bop|
|Associated acts||Harry Connick, Jr.|
Jerry Weldon (born 27 September 1957 in New York City)  is a tenor saxophonist, noted for his involvement in various groups such as Lionel Hampton Orchestra and Harry Connick, Jr.s big band. He is seen as a "veteran" of the New York jazz scene.
Weldon graduated from Rutgers University Jazz Program in 1981 and joined the Lionel Hampton Orchestra. Weldon worked with Hampton until he died in 2002. Jerry subsequently worked with organist Jack McDuff & his "Heatin' System," as well as organists Jimmy McGriff, Joey DeFrancesco, Bobby Forrester, Dr. Lonnie Smith, and Mel Rhyne, trombone great Al Grey, piano giants George Cables and Cedar Walton, drum legends Roy Haynes and Jimmy Cobb as well as guitarist/singer George Benson, guitarist Earl Klugh, bassist Keter Betts, singer Mel Tormé and many other jazz legends.
In 1990, Jerry became a charter member and featured soloist with Harry Connick Jr.'s newly formed big band. Since then Jerry has toured the U.S., Europe, Asia and Australia with Harry and was also part of Connick's Broadway musical production, "Thou Shalt Not" and appeared on stage as well as in the orchestra. From 2016-2018 Jerry was a member of the “house band” on HARRY, Connick’s daytime television variety show. In addition to Weldon's work with Connick, he performs regularly as a leader of his own groups in New York City and tours throughout the U.S. and Europe.
Leader and Collaborations
- The Second Time Around (1995)
- Five by Five (1993)
- Jerry Weldon Head to Head Michael Karn
- Midtown Blues (1995)
- 3'O Clock in the Morning (2006)
- Well Done! (2008)
- Don't Look Back (2010)
- On the Move (2016)
- We're Rollin - The Hammond Groovers (Italy 2017)
- What's New Massimo Farao ( Italy 2017)
- Those Were the Days (2018)
- Lionel Hampton Cookin' in the Kitchen (Glad Hamp)
- Lionel Hampton For the Love of Music (Mo' Jazz)
- Jack McDuff
- Hard Bop Quintet
- Blue Light Red Light (Harry Connick,Jr. 1991)
- When My Heart Finds Christmas (Harry Connick, Jr. 1993)
- Star Turtle (Harry Connick, Jr. 1996)
- Come By Me (Harry Connick, Jr. 1999)
- Songs I Heard (Harry Connick, Jr. 2001)
- Oh, My Nola (Harry Connick, Jr. 2007)
- Your Songs (Harry Connick,Jr. 2009)
- Every Man Should Know (Harry Connick, Jr. 2013)
- Feather, L; Gitler, I "The Biographical Encyclopedia of Jazz", p.684. Oxford University Press, 2007
- "Jerry Weldon". welovejazz.it. Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- Jerry Weldon, Those Were the Days. Review by Alex Henderson, NYCJR, August 2018 - Issue 196, page 19. Retrieved 20 August 2018.