This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jesse Evan Freidin
|Born||May 27, 1981|
|'The Doggie Gaga Project'|
|Awards||2010 Beast of the Bay's Best Dog Photographer, Winner Best Dog Photographer in San Francisco 2010, 2011, 2012|
Jesse Evan Freidin (born 1981) is a fine art dog photographer using traditional film-based processes. He is best known for creating a series of photos of dogs dressed in costumes like those worn by Lady Gaga.
He lives in San Francisco with Pancake, a 4 year old Boston Terrier.
Freidin creates black-and-white photographs with a 1970s Hasselblad film camera, using only natural light. Freidin's approach to animal photography involves playful interaction with his subjects to capture their personalities.
The Doggie Gaga Project
For his 'Doggie Gaga Project', in early 2010, Freidin dressed canine models in five of Lady Gaga's most celebrated outfits, and photographed them using two packs of Polaroid film from the last remaining supply.
Freidin initially proposed his idea for The Doggie Gaga Project to the Netherlands-based Impossible Project, who had taken on re-inventing and restarting production of analog integral film for vintage Polaroid Cameras. They donated two packs of original Polaroid film from the last remaining stock. Freidin then worked with a small team, creating custom-made, Lady Gaga-inspired canine fashions for a Mexican hairless, a Shibu Inu, two Pit Bulls, and his Boston Terrier, Pancake. Shooting in his San Francisco studio, he employed a Horseman field camera with a Polaroid back.
Freidin was awarded Beast of the Bay's Best Dog Photographer in the Bay Area 2010 for his fine art pet portraiture.
- Official Jesse Freidin Site
- American Idol - May We Present The Doggie Gaga Project
- Animal Planet - Pupperazzi: The Doggie Gaga Project
- Daily Mail - Now Even Dogs are Going Gaga
- Dog Art Today- Jesse Freidin's Doggie Gaga Project Explodes
- Modern Dog - Lady Gaga Doggie Style
- MSN Celebrity Fix - Lady GaGa - Doggy Style
- MTV Buzzworthy Blog - LOLs: Dogs Dressed As Lady Gaga
- New York Post - Dogs Dress as Lady Gaga
- People Pets - Pups Get Their Flash on for 'Doggie Gaga Project'
- Sundance Channel - The Doggie Gaga Project
- The Sunday Times Life & Style - Going Up, Going Down
- Trendhunter - Puppy Pop Stars
- The Doggie Gaga Project - The Interview