Jessica Page Morrell
Jessica Page Morrell
Jessica Page Morrell is an American author.
Her book, Thanks But This Isn't For Us (2009), describes mistakes that new authors make and how these writers can fix their writing. In particular, she lays out the necessity and process of creating a plan or structure for a novel, before starting to write one. Library Journal states that she "convincingly portrays the craft of writing for publication."
- Thanks, But This Isn't for Us: A (Sort of) Compassionate Guide to Why Your Writing is Being Rejected (2009) Tarcher 
- Bullies, Bastards and Bitches: How to Write the Bad Guys of Fiction (2008) Writer’s Digest Books
- The Writer's I Ching: Wisdom for the Creative Life (2007) Running Press Book Publishers
- Voices from the Street: Truths about Homelessness from the Sisters of the Road (2007) Gray Sunshine
- Between the Lines: Master the Subtle Elements of Fiction Writing (2006) Writer's Digest Books
- Writing Out the Storm (1998) Collectors Press 
- "Jessica Page Morrell". Baker & Taylor Author Biographies. 5 January 2000. Retrieved 20 January 2016 – via EBSCO. (Subscription required (help)).
- Hart, Melissa (2009). "Keeping Writers Out of the Rejection Pile". Writer. 122 (9): 43–44. Retrieved 20 January 2016 – via EBSCO. (Subscription required (help)).
- Boudreau, Dan (9 November 2010). "There is an art to writing business plan". The Prince George Free Press.
- Schade, Ann (2009). "Thanks, but This Isn't for Us: A (Sort of) Compassionate Guide to Why Your Writing Is Being Rejected". Library Journal. 134 (12): 104–105. Retrieved 20 January 2016 – via EBSCO. (Subscription required (help)).
- Morrell, Jessica Page (2006). Between the Lines: Master the Subtle Elements of Fiction Writing. Cincinnati, Ohio: Writer's Digest Books. p. 300.
- Ribas, Maria (25 February 2015). "9 Books That Will Make You a Better Writer Just By Reading Them (book review)". Bustle. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Behe, Rege (21 September 2009). "How to self-publish (review of: "Thanks, But This Isn't For Us: A (Sort of) Compassionate Guide to Why Your Writing is Being Rejected")". McClatchy - Tribune Business News.
- "Help Yourself (review of Writing Out the Storm)". Dallas Morning News. 6 December 1998.