Jessie Richardson Theatre Award
|28th Jessie Awards|
|Awarded for||Excellence in Vancouver theatre|
|Presented by||Jessie Richardson Theatre Award Society|
The Jessie Richardson Theatre Award (commonly known as the Jessie Awards) is given to recognize achievement in professional theatre in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Jessies are presented by the Jessie Richardson Theatre Award Society, at an annual ceremony. The awards are named after Jessie Richardson, co-founder of the Playhouse Holiday Theatre, local actor, director and designer.
The rules for the Jessie Awards are set forth by the Jessie Review Committee each year, which applies for each season only.
- Elizabeth Sterling Haynes Award
- Dora Mavor Moore Award
- Dora Audience Choice Award
- Floyd S. Chalmers Canadian Play Award
- Henighan, Tom (2000). Maclean's Companion to Canadian Arts and Culture. Vancouver: Raincoast Books. ISBN 1-55192-298-3.
- King, Kimball (2003). Western Drama Through the Ages: Four Great Eras of Western Drama. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 136. ISBN 0-313-32935-4.
- "Jessie Richardson Awards". Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- Benson, Eugene; Conolly, Leonard W. (2010). The Oxford Companion to Canadian Theatre. Toronto: Oxford University Press. p. 38. ISBN 0-19-540672-9.
- "Spelling Bee wins 3 Vancouver theatre awards". CBC News. 2011-06-21.
- Jessie Awards Guideline for 2008-2009 season
|This theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|