|Born||17 May 1949|
Jiří Korn (born May 17, 1949 in Prague, Czechoslovakia) is a Czech recording artist and actor. Korn is a highly acclaimed musician in his native Czechoslovakia, and remains after his 5 decade long career one of the most prominent Czech singer-songwriters, but is internationally perhaps best known for his single Miss Moskva, which received radio play in most European countries, including France, Germany, Croatia, Hungary and Norway.
Jiří Korn began his music career with the rock band Rebels in its 1967 establishment. The group disbanded in 1970; one album, Šípková Růženka, was released during this period.
In the early 1970s Korn joined the band Olympic. He also became a solo artist and released his first album LP 01. His single Yvetta (1972), written by Karel Svoboda, became his first solo hit. In 1977 and 1978, Korn was 3rd and 2nd place respectively in the Zlatý slavík music poll of popular Czechoslovakia music artists, which was frequently topped by Karel Gott. Korn performed several tracks with Helena Vondráčková such as "Tančit Prý Je Krásné" and "Slunce". In 1985, composer Michael Kocáb wrote the tracks "Karel nese asi čaj" and "Nejdřív je trénink" for Korn to record.
In 1990, Korn established Krach, a performing arts agency. He played in the Czech production of Les Misérables in Prague's Vinohrady Theatre as Monsieur Thénardier on 1992, a role he returned playing in the Goja Music Hall in Výstaviště Prague on 2003. Korn's 2003 performance in Les Misérables made him awarded the Thalia Awards category of male musical actors. In 1995, he performed in the Czech Dracula musical. Other stage productions he played includes The Count of Monte Cristo (2000), Golem (2006), Carmen (2008), and Jesus Christ Superstar (2010). Korn acted on several films and television shows, such as Honza málem králem, Anděl s ďáblem v těle, 2Bobule, and Expozitura.
Korn had his own brand of perfume, ON LINE, in 2000.
Jiří Korn was married to Hana Buštíková, a member of the Kamélie musical duo. He later married actress Kateřina Kornová, which was divorced in an unspecified time. He has a son and daughter from the second marriage. On October 2017, he married Renata Cieslerová, whom he met in golfing.
- LP 01
- LP 02
- Zpívat jako déšť
- Čerstvý ženáč Jiří Korn: Prozradil detaily své třetí svatby!
- "Jak dlouhá cesta vede od The Rebels k Bathory". Lidové noviny (in Czech). MAFRA. 2009-05-17. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "PROFIL: Šesťdesiatnik na kolobežke - Jiří Korn". 24hodín (in Czech). 2009-05-16. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Korn, Jiří" (in Czech). Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "V dnešní epizodě Expozitury se objeví POLONAHÝ JIŘÍ KORN jako NÁJEMNÝ VRAH!". Tn.cz (in Czech). CET 21. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- Švigová, Dana (2000-09-11). "ON LINE Jiřího Korna". Dama.cz (in Czech). Mladá fronta. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- Benda, Jaroslav; David Laštovka (2009-05-17). "Jiří Korn dnes slaví 60 let - Kolegové se smějí jeho fobii ze špíny". Aha! (in Czech). Ringier Axel Springer. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Jiří Korn se potřetí oženil, vzal si dlouholetou přítelkyni Renatu". Revue iDNES.cz. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2018.