Joanna Furhman (born 1972) is an American poet and professor. She is the author of four collections of poems, including her forthcoming collection, Pageant (Alice James Books, 2009). Her poems have appeared widely in literary magazines and journals, including New American Writing, Fence, Conduit, American Letters & Commentary, and The New York Quarterly, and in anthologies. Fuhrman is a member of the Alice James Books Cooperative Board, and poetry editor for Boog City, a community newspaper for the Lower East Side in New York. She is a graduate of the University of Washington MFA program, and teaches creative writing at Rutgers University and in public schools and libraries through Poets House and Teachers & Writers Collaborative. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, the playwright Robert Kerr.
- Pageant (Alice James Books, 2009, forthcoming)
- Moraine (Hanging Loose Press, 2006)
- Ugh Ugh Ocean (Hanging Loose Press, 2003)
- Freud in Brooklyn (Hanging Loose Press, 2000)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog > Joanna Fuhrman
- Alice James Books > Forthcoming Titles
- American Letters & Commentary > No. 17
- The New York Quarterly > Issue 64
- Red Room: Where the Writers Are > Joanna Fuhrman Biography
- Alice James Books > Cooperative Board Archived 2008-11-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- Alice James Books > Author Page > Joanna Fuhrman
- Official website
- Video: Joanna Fuhrman Reading
- Biography: Teachers & Writers Collaborative – Writer > Joanna Fuhrman
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|