Joe Friel is an endurance sports coach best known as an elite triathlon and cycling coach as well as the author of The Triathlete's Training Bible, The Cyclist's Training Bible, The Mountain Biker's Training Bible, Going Long: Training for Ironman-Distance Triathlons, and Your First Triathlon.
Friel holds a master's degree in exercise science, is a USA Triathlon and USA Cycling certified elite-level coach. He is a founder and past Chairman of the USA Triathlon National Coaching Commission. He has also been active in business as the founder of TrainingPeaks, a web-based software company, and TrainingBible Coaching.
- Hadzipetros, Peter (3 April 2009). "Triathlon: Multi-event sport surges in popularity". CBCNews. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Joe Friel Launches Training Bible Coaching in the Boulder-Denver Area". Colorado Runner. 2 November 2007. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- Watson, Adam (23 March 2010). "'Caveman Diet' growing followers". ESPN.com. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "How to get out of a cycling rut". Los Angeles Times. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Ryan Bolton - Short or Long, His Success Has An Olympic Touch". Ironman.com. 9 August 2002. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- Price, John (December 2001). "Periodization: Training Smarter, Not More". Gaston County Cyclists. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
|This biographical article related to an American known for competing in triathlons is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|