|Birth name||Joseph Summers|
Walsall, West Midlands, England, UK
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, composer, musician, guitarist, barista|
|Website||Joe Summers on Myspace|
Joseph Summers (born 1985) is an English songwriter and musician. Originally from Walsall, he is now based out of Cheltenham, where he has developed his sound, following in the footsteps of and sharing stages with some of his favourite artists, such as the legendary Steve Winwood on his recent European tour. Summers has also recently supported Britpop group The Lightning Seeds; Frank Turner and Fyfe Dangerfield.
Joe Summers attracts audiences wanting to experience the wistful commentary on his life and loves. He makes much of his new music available on his Myspace site. His limited edition 'Wincraft Sessions' EP was released and sold out in summer 2011, though the recording of his popular "Turn the Boat Around" song was subsequently made available for digital download.
Gaining attention as a singer-songwriter "straight out of the Bob Dylan / Joni Mitchell mould" he was named as one of the top ten bands of 2010 and is regularly played on BBC Radio 2's Steve Lamacq show.
Summers is currently with istartedthefire records.
- "Joe Summers". Joesummersmusic.bandcamp.com. 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- Morris, Stephen (2010-07-08). "BBC - Stephen Morris reviews Cheltenham singer Joe Summers". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- Morris, Stephen (2011-01-04). "BBC - Stephen Morris' top ten of bands reviewed in 2010". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Radio 2 Programmes - Steve Lamacq, 07/08/2010". BBC. 2010-08-07. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Joe Summers | Wychwood Music Festival". Wychwoodfestival.com. 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Joe Summers at Worcester Music Festival". Worcestermusicfestival.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "2000trees Music Festival - 12-14 July Gloucestershire". Twothousandtreesfestival.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "istartedthefire". istartedthefire. Retrieved 2011-10-12.