Joel L. Shin
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Joel L. Shin was a specialist in international trade matters, government affairs and national defense. He was a partner at Evenflow Macro, which he cofounded in 2013. He had previously been a principal of The Scowcroft Group and a senior fellow with The Forum for International Policy. Shin served on the policy staff of the presidential campaign of Governor George W. Bush, assisting in the development of foreign and defense policies. Shin also worked for the Bush-Cheney transition. He was also an associate in the corporate department of Whitman Breed Abbott & Morgan, a New York law firm, where his focus included mergers and acquisitions in the defense and high-tech industries.
Shin received his undergraduate, law, and Master of Public Policy degrees from Harvard University. For his 1990 undergraduate graduation he delivered the Latin oration at the combined undergraduate and graduate commencement. Shin also received a Master of Philosophy degree from the University of Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar.
Shin suffered a heart attack and died at his home in Arlington, Virginia on January 21, 2014.
- McDonough, Megan (2014-07-28). "Joel L. Shin, lawyer, campaign adviser". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "Our Team". Evenflow Macro. Archived from the original on 2015-01-31. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
-  Archived September 5, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Parkinson, Tony (8 June 2002). "Australian troops will win no trade rewards from US". The Age. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Hawks for Thompson". The Weekly Standard. 2007-06-12. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "From the Belfer Center to Support the Bush Administration - Harvard". Belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu. 2012-01-13. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Andrew Sacher (2014-01-29). "Harvard 1990 Latin Oration". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "Revenge of the Nerds? | Harvard Magazine Nov-Dec 1990". Harvardmagazine.com. 2013-09-25. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "The Scowcroft Group Remembers Joel Shin, Close Friend and Colleague | The Scowcroft Group". Scowcroft.com. 2014-01-23. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- The Forum For International Policy Brief "Kazakhstan: A Growing Relationship?" - Joel L. Shin Dec 18, 2001
- The Forum For International Policy Commentary "On the March: In Defense of Foreign Aid" - Joel L. Shin April 2, 2002
- National Review "On the March In defense of foreign aid" - By Joel Shin April 2, 2002
- USINPAC Holds Historic Bush-Cheney Campaign Policy Briefing - USINPAC - Washington, D.C., July 28, 2004.
|This biographical article related to politics in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|