The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, electronica, synthpop|
|Labels||Saddle Creek Records|
Broken Spindles was a band solely consisting of Joel Petersen of Omaha, Nebraska. Joel also played bass and guitar in The Faint. The music of Broken Spindles ranged from instrumental electronic songs to sparse piano pieces to rock-influenced pop songs.
Broken Spindles originally started in 2001 as the soundtrack for a friend's film. It developed into a solo project with the first release in 2002 on Tiger Style Records. In between touring with the Faint and Beep Beep, Petersen found time to write music for Broken Spindles.
- Broken Spindles (2002 · Tiger Style Records)
- fulfilled/complete (2004 · Saddle Creek Records)
- inside/absent (2005 · Saddle Creek Records)
- Document Number One (2008 · self-released)
- Kiss/Kick (2009 · blank.wav)
- song: "Move Away (Broken Spindles Remix)"
- Her Space Holiday - "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend"
- AFI - "Miss Murder"
- of Montreal - "Wraith Pinned to The Mist and Other Games".
- Good Charlotte - Keep Your Hands Off My Girl" .
- Manic - "Carolina Ghost"
- Official site
- Saddle Creek Records
- Saddle Creek Records: Broken Spindles
- Broken Spindles on MySpace
- Broken Spindles at the Saddle Creek US Online Store