|Full name||Johan David Herbst|
|Date of birth||18 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Stellenbosch, South Africa|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (205 lb)|
|School||Hoër Landbouskool Boland|
|Rugby union career|
Johan David Herbst is a former South African rugby union player, who played first class rugby between 2011 and 2016. He played for Griquas, the SWD Eagles and the Pumas in the domestic Currie Cup and Vodacom Cup competitions and made one appearance for the Southern Kings in Super Rugby. His regular position is scrum-half or wing.
He retired in 2016 to become a fleet controller at a transport business.
2013 Southern Kings Super Rugby season
He was included in the Southern Kings squad for the 2013 Super Rugby season. However, he was just included in the matchday squad for the first game of the season against the Western Force, coming off the bench to make his Super Rugby debut. He returned to SWD Eagles for their 2013 Vodacom Cup campaign, but suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury after three appearances and was ruled out for the remainder of the Super Rugby season.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Johan Herbst". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "New Lease Of Life For Johan Herbst". MyPlayers. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "SA Rugby Squad – Southern Kings : 2013 Vodacom Super Rugby". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Southern Kings 22-10 Force". South African Rugby Union. 23 February 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Oupa word 'n Puma". SupaRugby (in Afrikaans). 4 July 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "Steval Pumas first-time Vodacom Cup champions – Final Review". South African Rugby Union. 31 May 2015. Archived from the original on 9 June 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
|This South Africa rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|