The Right Reverend
Johannes Nilsson Skaar
Johannes Nilsson Skaar, photographed by Gustav Borgen
|Church||Church of Norway|
|Born||15 November 1828|
|Died||13 December 1904 (aged 76)|
|Parents||Nils Gjermundsen Skaar|
Elseber Torgeirsdatter Flatabø
|Spouse||Cathinka Wilhelmine Pauline Hansen (1857-1896)|
Marie Jacoba Flood (1898-1904)
Johannes Nilsson Skaar (15 November 1828 – 13 December 1904) was a Norwegian bishop and hymnologist.
Skaar was born in Øystese, Kvam, Norway in 1828. He received his cand.theol. degree in 1857. Skaar began his career in Skien where he was a chaplain. He went on to be a parish priest in Gjerpen in 1872. In 1885, he was named the bishop of the Diocese of Tromsø. He served in that post until 1892 when he was appointed as the bishop of the Diocese of Nidaros. He served there until his death in 1904. He was decorated a Knight of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav in 1887 and then a Commander of the same order in 1893.
- Lovsange og aandelige Viser (1863)
- Norsk salmehistorie (1879–1880)
- Henriksen, Petter (ed.). "Johannes Nilsson Skaar". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Amundsen, Arne Bugge. "Johannes Skaar". In Helle, Knut (ed.). Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Jordheim, Knut. "Sven Svensen". In Helle, Knut (ed.). Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
Jakob Sverdrup Smitt
| Bishop of Tromsø
Peter Wilhelm Kreydahl Bøckmann
| Bishop of Trondhjem
Vilhelm Andreas Wexelsen
|This biographical article about a Norwegian religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an individual bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|