John B. Chitamber
|John Benedict Chitambar|
August 16, 1920|
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Died||September 8, 2005
|Institutions||Allahabad Agricultural Institute
World Vision International
|Alma mater||Cornell University
University of Allahabad
John Benedict Chitambar (1920-2005) was an Indian educator at the Allahabad Agricultural Institute.
After Independence of India, he moved to the Allahabad Agricultural Institute where he served for 31 years initially in the Department of Extension and then as Principal until retirement.
He relocated to the United States in 1981, where he worked with World Vision International for 10 years as a Director of Rural Development and Agriculture. He published numerous papers and three textbooks in his field of rural sociology.
- Introductory Rural Sociology (ISBN 8122409717)
- Practical Rural Sociology Handbook for Application to Rural Development (ISBN 8122413102)
- Introductory to Rural Sociology A Synopsis of Concepts and Principles (ISBN 8122409717)
- "SHIATS-Chitamber School of Humanities & Social Sciences". 184.108.40.206. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- Jeremy Todd (email@example.com). "Agricultural Communications Documentation Center: Document C18968". Web.library.uiuc.edu. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "Introductory Rural Sociology by J.B. Chitambar: New Age International (P) Limited 9788122409710 Softcover, 2nd edition - BookVistas". Abebooks.com. 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2012-11-23.