John Buchanan (pastor)
He is also the editor and publisher of The Christian Century. He was also a member of the General Assembly Council from 1996–1999, and served as the moderator of the 208th General Assembly (1996). He was one of the founding co-moderators of The Covenant Network of Presbyterians in 1997.
In a letter dated May 18, 2010, Buchanan announced that he would retire from his duties as pastor of Fourth Presbyterian effective January 31, 2012. Buchanan remains heavily involved with Presbyterian Church USA in retirement, serving as an interim preacher at churches in the Chicago area.
- "Table 6 : Fifteen Largest PC (USA) Congregations Based on membership Size, 2009\accessdate=2013-08-17" (PDF). Pcusa.org.
- "Staff". The Christian Century. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- "Washington National Cathedral : Biography for The Rev. John M. Buchanan". Nationalcathedral.org. Archived from the original on 2013-09-14. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- "Leadership - Covenant Network". Covnetpres.org. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
-  Archived November 22, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived November 10, 2017, at the Wayback Machine
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|