John Cavanagh (economist)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
John Cavanagh at the 2005 Annual Sheridan Circle Memorial Service
John Cavanagh is an American economist. He has been the Director of the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, D.C. since 1998, and is a founding fellow of the Transnational Institute (TNI) in Amsterdam.
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
He has worked as an international economist for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (1978-1981) and the World Health Organisation (1981-1982). He directed IPS's Global Economy Project from 1983-1997. Cavanagh helped establish the International Forum on Globalisation in 1995, and has been active in the anti-North American Free Trade Agreement networks.
He works closely with the Progressive Caucus of the US Congress and the international department of the US trade union federation, the AFL-CIO, on corporate accountability and international labour rights.
- John Cavanagh; Daphne Wysham; Marcos Arruda (1994). Beyond Bretton Woods: alternatives to the global economic order. Pluto Press. ISBN 978-0-7453-0890-6. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Richard J. Barnet; John Cavanagh (1 March 1995). Global Dreams: Imperial Corporations and the New World Order. Touchstone. ISBN 978-0-684-80027-1. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Sarah Denny Anderson; John Cavanagh (January 2005). The Field Guide to the Global Economy. New Press. ISBN 978-1-56584-956-3. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Robin Broad; John Cavanagh (2009). Development redefined: how the market met its match. Paradigm Publishers. ISBN 978-1-59451-522-4. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- John Cavanagh; Jerry Mander (10 October 2004). Alternatives to Economic Globalization. Berrett-Koehler Publishers. ISBN 978-1-60509-409-0. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "John Cavanagh bio". tni.org. Transnational Institute. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "John Cavanagh bio". ips-dc.org. Institute for Policy Studies. Archived from the original on November 21, 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "IFG BOARD OF DIRECTORS BIOS". ifg.org. International Forum on Globalization. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|