|Occupation||Former General manager of the Arizona Coyotes|
John Chayka (born June 9, 1989) is the former general manager of the Arizona Coyotes of the National Hockey League (NHL). Previously, he served as assistant general manager of the Coyotes. Prior to joining the Coyotes, Chayka was part of an analytics company called "Stathletes".
Chayka was the youngest general manager in NHL history, being 26 years of age at the time he became general manager of the Coyotes in May 2016. The Coyotes posted a 131–147–38 record under his four seasons as general manager. The franchise also clinched their first playoff berth since 2012 during this period. Chayka abruptly resigned from his position on July 26, 2020, just one day before the start of 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs.
On January 25, 2021, Chayka was suspended from working with the NHL for the remainder of the 2021 calendar year. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman cited "conduct detrimental to the league and game", and further ruled that Chayka had "breached his obligation to the club" by pursuing opportunities with other clubs while still under contract with the Arizona Coyotes, and then terminating his contract with three years remaining. Chayka and the Coyotes were later revealed to have hosted a private scouting combine for draft prospects, which is strictly forbidden by the NHL. The Coyotes were subsequently forced to forfeit their second-round selection in the 2020 draft and their first-round pick in the 2021 draft.
- "John Chayka Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com". www.hockeydb.com.
- "JOHN CHAYKA - Arizona Coyotes". coyotes.nhl.com.
- "NHL Videos - Highlights and Analysis from the National Hockey League". TSN.
- Statistically Speaking: Chayka makes history https://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-chayka-makes-history-1.484390
- Wyshynski, Greg (2020-07-26). "Arizona Coyotes GM John Chayka resigns ahead of postseason". ESPN. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Chayka steps down as Arizona GM a week before qualifier". sports.yahoo.com.
- Kaplan, Emily (January 25, 2021). "Source: Ex-Arizona Coyotes GM John Chayka suspended through 2021". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Kennedy, Ryan (2020-08-26). "Arizona Loses Draft Picks in Scouting Scandal". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Millennials in Franchising: Wendy's". June 25, 2018.
| General manager of the Arizona Coyotes
Steve Sullivan (interim)