John Clifton Wright
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2015)|
|John C. Wright|
|Alma mater||East Texas State College (B.A.)|
|Occupation||author, sailor, lobbyist|
John C. Wright (Best known in the trades as Capt. John) John C. Wright is an American author of cruising books. Best known for his books about living aboard and cruising America's Great Loop. His best selling books include "Once Around Is Not Enough" and "America's Great Loop & Beyond" published by Anchor Publishing. His book "America's Great Loop and Beyond" earned him 2013, 2014 and 2015 Best Selling author in the Nautical Market. In 2016 his "Once Around Is Not Enough" became the #1 BEST SELLER and winner of the Boaters' Choice Book of the Year. Capt. John is best known for his books and website about living aboard and cruising America's Great Loop. Publishers Weekly said he "may be this century's most influencial author in the nautical market." 
John C. Wright (Capt. John - sailor, author,) (born 1948 - ) He is an accomplished sailor and widely known for his voyages around America's Great Loop. Capt. John is the author of the BEST SELLING books including "Once Around Is Not Enough", "America's Great Loop and Beyond", and "Caribbean Island Hopping", published by Anchor Publishing, U.S.A. Capt. John was born John Clifton Wright, and raised on a farm near Terrell, Texas. He attended Terrell High School, Dallas Baptist College, and served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War as Warrant Officer and Helicopter Pilot. He later attended Harvard Business School in Boston, MA. He is a retired Senior Marketing Executive with Honeywell Information Systems Inc. With a lifelong passion for boats, boating and boat building, Capt. John spends his retirement years cruising America's Great Loop and spending winters in the southern Florida and the Caribbean. As a passionate America's Great Loop promoter, Capt. John maintains one of the most popular "Great Loop" websites Great Loop website on the Internet with over 4 million readers. He is also an active lobbyist and promoter for keeping the Great Loop open for navigation through the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal that links the Great Lakes to the Illinois river and the Mississippi river basin, where an Asian Carp invasion threatens a hard lock closure of the USCG's Electronic Fish Barrier on the connecting navigable waterway.
- BYOB Bring Your Own Boat Series
- Once Around Is Not Enough(2016)
- America's Great Loop and Beyond(2015)
- America's Great Loop and Beyond(2014)
- Caribbean Island Hopping (2013)
- America's Great Loop(2012)
- The Frugal Voyager (2011)
- Forward, page 5, Caribbean Island Hopping published by Anchor Publishing
- Publishers Weekly April 2016 Issue Article "Boating America's Great Loop"
- Wright, Capt. John (January 10, 2016). "Introduction: Once Around Is Not Enough". In Thibos, Allison. Once Around Is Not Enough, 1st Edition. Anchor Publishing. pp. 300–5. ISBN 978-1530783779.
- Wright, Capt. John (January 10, 2014). "Introduction: America's Great Loop and Beyond". In Thibos, Allison. America's Great Loop and Beyond, 2nd Edition. Anchor Publishing. pp. 3–5. ISBN 978-1492350941.
- Wright, Capt. John (December 1, 2013). "Introduction: Caribbean Island Hopping". In Thibos, Allison. Caribbean Island Hopping. Anchor Publishing. pp. 3–5. ISBN 978-1492357421.