John Dancey or Dauncy (fl. 1660–1663) was an English author and translator.
Dauncey wrote a history of Charles II from the death of his father, 1660, dedicated to the Marquis of Dorchester; a life of Queen Henrietta Maria, 1660; and A Compendious Chronicle of the Kingdom of Portugal, 1661. He translated Péréfixe's Histoire de Henri le Grand in 1663, and published in the same year a broad-sheet in verse, entitled Work for Cooper, an attack on a Presbyterian pamphleteer.
- Stephen, ed. 1888, p. 97.
- Stephen, Leslie, ed. (1888). . Dictionary of National Biography. Vol. 14. London: Smith, Elder & Co. p. 97. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- Langbaine, Gerard (1691). "John DANCER, alias DAUNCY". In An Account of the English Dramatick Poets. Oxford: Printed by L.L. for George West and Henry Clements.
- Wright, Stephen (2004). "Dauncey, John (fl. 1660–1663), author and translator". In Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press.
- Ockerbloom, John Mark, ed. "Dauncey, John, fl. 1663". The Online Books Page. Retrieved 10 April 2022.