John Grange (Kansas politician)
Education and career
Grange was born in El Dorado, Kansas, and attended Butler Community College, where he obtained an associated degree. He later served as President of Unified School District 490 Board of Education from 2004–2005, and was a member of the Board from 2001-2005.
Grange served in the Kansas House of Representatives from 2005 until 2013. In 2012, Grange ran for the 14th district of the Kansas Senate, but lost in the primary to fellow Republican State Representative Forrest Knox
Grange works as a mechanical contractor and is currently the President and Owner of Carlisle Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical. He is a member of the American Legion, Elks Club, and Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Commerce and Labor (Vice-Chair)
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight
- Joint Committee on Legislative Post Audit
- Engineering Success for the Future of KS Taskforce
The top 5 donors to Grange's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Kansas Assoc of Realtors $1,000
- 2. Kansas Contractors Assoc $1,000
- 3. Kansas Optometric Assoc $750
- 4. Koch Industries $750
- 5. Kansas State Farm Insurance $650