John Lilly (computer scientist)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Occupation||Mozilla Corp. CEO (2008–2010)|
John Lilly (born 1971) is an American-born venture capitalist and currently serves on the board of directors of the Open Source Applications Foundation and Code for America. He earned a B.S. and M.S. in computer science from Stanford University and is the (co)-inventor on seven US patents.
Lilly was the Chief executive officer of the Mozilla Corporation from 2008–2010. The corporation, a subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation, coordinates development of open source Mozilla Internet applications, including the Firefox web browser. Lilly, previously Mozilla's Chief operating officer, succeeded Mitchell Baker as CEO in January 2008. He was one of the co-founders of Reactivity which was sold to Cisco Systems for $135 Million in 2007. . "Reactivity Mafia" also produced other notable entrepreneurs such as Mike_Schroepfer, CTO of Facebook, Aaref Hilaly, Partner at Sequoia, Oltac Unsal, Super Angel, Akash Garg, Co-founder of hi5, Dave Ashton, Founder of SnapCar to name a few.
- "Greylock Partners - John Lilly". Greylock Partners. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Hopkins, Mark 'Rizzn' (7 January 2008). "Mozilla Names John Lilly as New CEO".
- Nguyen, Tuan (February 21, 2007). "Cisco Buys Reactivity Inc. for $135 Million".
- "Introducing our new CEO: Gary Kovacs".
- "New Mozilla CEO knows mobile, user interface".
- "Leaving Mozilla’s Board". Retrieved 204-03-28. Check date values in:
- "Three Mozilla Board Members Resign over Choice of New CEO". wsj.com. Retrieved 204-03-28. Check date values in:
- "Mitchell's Blog". Mozillazine.
- "Mozilla Names New Chief, but Reaffirms Open-Source Commitment". The New York Times.
- "Q & A with John Lilly, CEO of Mozilla Corp". Physorg.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Lilly (computer scientist).|
|CEO of Mozilla Corporation
7 January 2008 – 2010
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|