John R. Klauder
|Born||January 24, 1932 (age 87)|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
University of California, Berkeley
|Fields||Physics and Mathematics|
|Institutions||University of Florida|
|Doctoral advisor||John Archibald Wheeler|
John Rider Klauder (born January 24, 1932) is an American professor of physics and mathematics, and author of over 250 published articles on physics.
A former head of the Theoretical Physics and Solid State Spectroscopy Departments of Bell Telephone Laboratories, he has been a visiting professor at Rutgers University, Syracuse University, and the University of Bern. Since 1988 John Klauder has been a Professor of Physics and Mathematics at the University of Florida.
He has also served on the Physics Advisory Panel of the National Science Foundation and been Editor of the Journal of Mathematical Physics, President of the International Association of Mathematical Physics, Associate Secretary-General of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics.
- Beyond Conventional Quantization
"When treated conventionally, certain systems yield trivial and unacceptable results. This book describes enhanced procedures, generally involving extended correspondence rules for the association of a classical and a quantum theory, which, when applied to such systems, yield nontrivial and acceptable results. Requiring only a modest prior knowledge of quantum mechanics and quantum field theory, this book will be of interest to graduate students and researchers in theoretical physics, mathematical physics, and mathematics."
- Coherent States - Applications in Physics and Mathematical Physics - A brief introduction to Coherent States followed by a collection of useful articles. Authored with B. S. Skagerstam.
- Fundamentals of Quantum Optics - Volume authored jointly with E. C. G. Sudarshan.
- On Klauder's Path: A Field Trip - "A volume in celebration of my 60th birthday."
- Klauder, J R (2006) 'John R. Klauder'. http://www.phys.ufl.edu/~klauder/
- The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters (2016) 'Utenlandske medlemmer naturvitenskapelig klasse | DKNVS'. Foreign members, within the class of natural sciences Archived 2013-12-22 at the Wayback Machine