|Occupation||Actor, stand-up comedian|
|Known for||Playing Dipsy in Teletubbies (1997–2001)|
His many other TV credits include The Real McCoy, The Gadget Show and The Big Fat Quiz of the '90s,[better source needed] whilst live he has performed internationally from Bahrain to Budapest.
As a producer through Upfront Comedy he has put comedy shows into UK theatres nationwide for 25 years, including two major shows in London's west End, in New York & North Carolina. Previewing Upfront's 10th anniversary show, The Guardian noted,
"[T]his anniversary show is yet another excellent standup bill from the most enterprising black comedy promoters in the country. Upfront's first Croydon gig featured Felix Dexter (the first black comic to become a regular performer at Jongleurs and the Comedy Store), plus lapsed Pentecostal choir boy Junior Simpson and Nigerian cockney Gina Yashere. Also on that first bill was the brains behind Upfront, John Simmit […] Thanks to pioneering outfits like Upfront, Britain's black comics are getting some of the mainstream exposure that their talents deserve - and now a growing number of African-American standups are coming here to gig alongside them".
- The Real McCoy (1994) - Guest
- Teletubbies (1997–2001) - Dipsy
- Teletubbies Everywhere (2002) - Dipsy
- Today (2007) - guest (as Dipsy and himself)
- The Paul O'Grady Show (2009) - guest (as Dipsy)
- The Big Fat Quiz of the '90s (2012) - Himself
- Respect: A Felix Dexter Special (2013) - Himself
- The Gadget Show (2014) - Himself
- "London listings: Pick of the week: Comedy". The Guardian. London. 31 January 2009. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Runcie, Charlotte (24 December 2014). "Teletubbies: 16 things you didn't know". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Thorpe, Vanessa (25 March 2007). "New York throws a party for the Teletubbies". The Observer. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Walford, Jessica (31 March 2017). "Dipsy from the Teletubbies was a 'furry, funky Jamaican' who sings reggae tunes". Metro. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Hamilton, Davina (2 February 2013). "BBC: 'We will not be releasing The Real McCoy on DVD'". The Voice. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- "The Big Fat Quiz of the 90s (2012 TV Special): Full Cast & Crew". IMDb. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Nelson, Alex (31 March 2017). "Offbeat: I played Dipsy in Teletubbies – it's a manageable kind of fame". i. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Cook, William (8 October 2002). "Colour blind". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Brady, Poppy (1 May 2017). "Save the date: John Simmit is still on comedy's front line". The Voice. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Cook, William (2 April 2005). "Preview: Peter Kay, London - Fathers 4 Justice Benefit, London - Upfront's 10th Birthday, Croydon". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 12 November 2017.