|Date of birth||December 7, 1981|
|Place of birth||Newark, New Jersey|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||224 lb (102 kg)|
|NFL draft||2004 / Round: 5 / Pick: 134|
Johnnie Morant, Jr. (born December 7, 1981) is a former gridiron football wide receiver. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He played college football at Syracuse. He is currently the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Wide Receivers coach at East Carter High School. While at Kentucky Christian University, Coach Morant help mentor an All-American Wide Receiver who was invited to an All Star game and an All Mid-South Academic Wide Receiver.
Born in Newark and raised in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey, Morant graduated from Parsippany Hills High School in 2000. After an outstanding senior campaign, Morant was rated the best receiver in the East and third best in the nation.
He finished his career at Syracuse University with 88 receptions for 1,535 yards (17.4 avg) and seven touchdowns, adding 524 yards on 22 kickoff returns (23.8 avg) and 35 yards with a score on six carries (5.8 avg) while appearing in 35 games. His 1,535 yards ranks 10th on the school's career-record list, while his 17.4-yard average ranks seventh. Morant also had a string of at least one reception in 29 consecutive games.
Morant was signed by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on February 6, 2009. He then retired after the 2009 season.
- 2009-2011 Parsippany High School, Assistant Head Coach.
- 2012 Southern Tech, Morant was the Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator & Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
- 2013-2014 Kentucky Christian University, Head .Strength and Conditioning Coach & Wide Receivers Coach
- 2015-Present East Carter High School, Strength and Conditioning Coach & Wide Receivers Coach
- Johnnie Morant player profile, National Football League Players Association. Accessed July 23, 2007. "Born in Newark, New Jersey and attended Parsippany (New Jersey) Hills High ... Parade All-American and rated the best receiver in the East and third best in the nation by Prep Star"
- "Argos sign former Raider Morant". The Globe and Mail. 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2008-06-23.